Question about political points(PPs) (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room

derhexer -> Question about political points(PPs) (7/29/2014 3:01:19 PM)

I started playing Ellsworth's 5/1/42 campaign game as the Allied player. When I started the game I had about 100 PPs and as I played
the number grew to about 300.

About 12 days into the game I lost the Lexington & Yorktown trying to stop the invasion of Port Moresby & Noumea. After that
my PPs dropped to zero and I haven't received any more.

Is this normal? What can I do to start getting PPs again? I have some units and commanders that need to be reassigned.

Thanks

Bullwinkle58 -> RE: Question about political points(PPs) (7/29/2014 3:29:35 PM)

The most common reason something like this happens isn't related to losing a ship or anything similar, but from failing to withdraw a ship or air unit on its withdrawal date. You receive a PP penalty every day you keep the unit(s). The amount varies according to the unit.

Check your operations report either in the game or in the Save folder. You get a text line for any penalties you accrue.

If it's not that you may have a bug or some sort of corruption, but I'd bet it's the withdrawal mechanism.

derhexer -> RE: Question about political points(PPs) (7/30/2014 6:55:35 PM)

Ayep, you were right Bullwinkle. I had turned on withdrawls and was getting dinged. I turned withdrawls off - a pain in the fundament. Thanks, Bullwinkle.

Bullwinkle58 -> RE: Question about political points(PPs) (7/30/2014 9:35:49 PM)

Very welcome.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI