Storm damaging ships in home system. (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support

harshmyth -> Storm damaging ships in home system. (7/31/2014 2:56:12 AM)

Recently in one of my game (DWU updated to recent patch) I've had a issue where there seems to be a storm in right on top of my home planet the damages all ships it seems. I cant build new ships because they are destroyed immediately. I've never encountered something like this and I'm thinking it's a bug. I've tried reloading but any colony ships or military ship takes damage and so do trade ship.

Thanks in advance. I hope that i do not have to restart, I have a really good game going.

Efaferal -> RE: Storm damaging ships in home system. (7/31/2014 5:20:11 PM)

Sounds like you have a silver mist attacking you.
Destroy your ships - it does that.
Render you planet a barren wasteland - it does that.
A real pain in the kiester when you don't have a large FP fleet. - it is that.

Be sure to pray for those lost souls.
-E

Strat_84 -> RE: Storm damaging ships in home system. (7/31/2014 5:58:07 PM)

If it were a silvermist, it would have eaten the entire population and the game would be over already. [:D]

I guess he was unlucky and he spawned in a system that is in the area of effect of a galactic storm. As far as I remember the only way to build something in those areas is to have designs with armor plates being built first.

Fishers of Men -> RE: Storm damaging ships in home system. (7/31/2014 7:39:58 PM)

What does this storm look like? Is it a fast moving white cloud, or an occasional lightening bolt?

Efaferal -> RE: Storm damaging ships in home system. (8/1/2014 1:12:16 PM)

I have not as yet seen a galactic storm at one of my planets.

Your are right the SM would have caused a 'Fun' ending rather quickly.

harshmyth -> RE: Storm damaging ships in home system. (8/1/2014 11:54:05 PM)

Hey thanks for the quick replies everyone. The storm flashes lightening every few seconds, does like 25-15 damage to everything in the area. And makes the sound effect of a storm. I wish it were just a silvermist.

Fishers of Men -> RE: Storm damaging ships in home system. (8/2/2014 3:12:19 PM)

I have never seen this before. Your home planet is next to a storm cloud that damages everything you build. I think it is time to start a new game!

feelotraveller -> RE: Storm damaging ships in home system. (8/3/2014 4:07:29 AM)

I had this once, ages ago, maybe in Legends of RoTS. Just restarted. It happens semi-frequently with pirates, but you have to get to them pretty quickly to notice. Once you are sufficiently down the tech-tree building in storm regions is possible.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI