Clouds lower than min. launch altitude? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support

navigator71 -> Clouds lower than min. launch altitude? (8/1/2014 11:55:06 AM)

I'm using V. 1.04 Build 554 and playing the "Fighter Weapons School - Ground Attack Tactics" scenario.

Weather: Light low clouds (1.52 - 2.13 km)
Target: A/C Revetment (Elevation ~1625 m)
Weapon: GBU-10A/B Paveway I LGB (Launch Altitude: 3048 - 19812 m)

Problem: Can't fire weapon at target.
Reasons:
a) No directors are able to illuminate this target (insufficient reflection, no LOS etc)
b) Aircraft altitude too low (Valid: 4664 to 21428 m, terrain elevation 1616)

No other weapons are availabe.

Is this because the clouds are lower than the minimum launch altitude of the bombs?

If yes, what am I supposed to do here?

Tomcat84 -> RE: Clouds lower than min. launch altitude? (8/1/2014 12:48:53 PM)

Took a quick look, this is probably a result of the imact of weather changing in a patch after release and this being a relatively old scenario. It used to not be an issue.

One thing you could do (other than changing the weather in the editor) is buddy lasing. It's complex (and dangerous with the SAMs and AAA) but if you put one phantom low at about 6900 ft, it cant drop on its own but it can lase in the bombs for a high phantom. And then swap afterwards.

Bit of a PITA but it is possible. Not how it was originally intended though I think.

But yeah the reason you cant drop self-lased from on high seems to be the clouds, as I said this was not the case when the scenario was originally being tested and released.

navigator71 -> RE: Clouds lower than min. launch altitude? (8/1/2014 2:54:16 PM)

Thanks for your quick reply. I wasn't aware of this "buddy-lasing" (and that it seems to happen "automagically").

This way it can be done and if you try to stay away as far as possible from the AAA/SAMs, you might not even lose an A/C :-)

Think I saw this cloud level vs. minimum launch altitude problem in other scenarios too but usually you have more/different types of weapons available.

ComDev -> RE: Clouds lower than min. launch altitude? (8/2/2014 5:56:53 AM)

Thanks, have reported this one. An updated scen should hopefully be out soon.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI