Planetary facility/wonder build rate? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series

silentdeth -> Planetary facility/wonder build rate? (8/4/2014 1:31:15 AM)

Is the build rate of planetary facilities and wonders based on population, or is it a fixed rate? What about pirate facilities?

Vardis -> RE: Planetary facility/wonder build rate? (8/4/2014 6:05:57 AM)

It's definitely not fixed. I just started two armored facilities at the same time, and one finished well before the other.

silentdeth -> RE: Planetary facility/wonder build rate? (8/4/2014 11:05:24 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Vardis

It's definitely not fixed. I just started two armored facilities at the same time, and one finished well before the other.

Is it base on the ship build rate then?

Aeson -> RE: Planetary facility/wonder build rate? (8/4/2014 3:26:36 PM)

Colony build rates for ships and facilities are based on the population of the planet constructing whatever is being built. There's a cap on the build rate somewhere around perhaps 10 billion people.

Somewhere on the forums is a study that someone did on this where they plotted the build rate of a colony at various population levels, but I don't know where that may be found.

Edit - here it is: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3341975
While that specifically is for ship/station construction, I don't see any reason to believe that wonder/facility construction follows a different pattern; larger population worlds definitely complete facilities more rapidly than lower population worlds.

silentdeth -> RE: Planetary facility/wonder build rate? (8/4/2014 11:50:44 PM)

Do the pirates hidden bases, ect. benefit from that build rate too, or do they have a different build rate?

Nanaki -> RE: Planetary facility/wonder build rate? (8/5/2014 12:40:55 AM)

Spaceports (Including pirates hidden bases) recieve no bonus to build rates. Planetary build rates only apply to structures directly built by that planet, such as colony ships, construction ships, resupply ships, and various stations.

silentdeth -> RE: Planetary facility/wonder build rate? (8/6/2014 12:50:30 AM)

Thanks, I didn't know that. I guess I can stop waiting for my population to grow to build spaceports.

Vardis -> RE: Planetary facility/wonder build rate? (8/6/2014 1:27:55 AM)

A space port built by the planet uses the construction yard of that planet, and as such its build rate is affected by it. That rate is affected by population.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI