v1.9.5.5 issues, out of memory related (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support

MeridianForm -> v1.9.5.5 issues, out of memory related (8/5/2014 6:25:50 PM)

Game buggy since purchase

First, the slightly annoying bug of the game periodically turning off music and disabling all music play while the game is running. I have to completely close the game down and reopen for music (including iTunes) to function.

Second, and far worse, I am running into errors like "out of memory" and "needs to close" all the time now. I have a whole 4 colonies and about 100+ military starships.

I purchased the game only about 1-2 weeks ago, but this is a crippling dysfunction. I cannot play the game beyond a certain point, it just keeps crashing faster and faster.

My system: I7 4930k @ 4ghz, 16gb 1600mhz RAM, Nvidia GTX770, etc. etc., running the game on a 1080p display (1920x1080). I don't think my system is inadequate.

Why am I having memory-related issues with this game? Nothing else I play (Guild Wars 2, Dota 2, StarCraft 2, etc.) has any issues.

Symptoms that suggest imminent game crashes include flickering of research screen, sluggish/piece by piece loading of other game windows like ship building, etc.

Only crash log so far:

8:01:15 PM Wednesday, July 30, 2014

System.OutOfMemoryException: Out of memory.
at System.Drawing.Graphics.CheckErrorStatus(Int32 status)
at System.Drawing.Graphics.DrawImage(Image image, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 width, Int32 height)
at System.Drawing.Graphics.DrawImage(Image image, Rectangle rect)
at DistantWorlds.Main.FJkCa3FxVRYrE5Fp0ab(Object , Object , Rectangle )
at DistantWorlds.Main.PrecacheScaledBitmap(Bitmap unscaledBitmap, Int32 width, Int32 height, InterpolationMode interpolation, CompositingQuality compositing, SmoothingMode smoothing, PixelFormat pixelFormat)
at DistantWorlds.Main.PrecacheScaledBitmap(Bitmap unscaledBitmap, Int32 width, Int32 height, InterpolationMode interpolation, CompositingQuality compositing, SmoothingMode smoothing)
at DistantWorlds.Controls.MainView.i70IiaGi40r(Habitat , Bitmap )
at DistantWorlds.Controls.MainView.sT4IiAf8JCN(Habitat , Boolean , Bitmap& , Boolean& )
at DistantWorlds.Controls.MainView.ayUIiMcuO6j()
at DistantWorlds.Controls.MainView.DrawMainViewXna()
at DistantWorlds.Main.ProgramLoop()

--- COMPLETE ---

warzer -> RE: v1.9.5.5 issues, out of memory related (8/13/2014 9:27:11 PM)

out of memory errors and extremely slow performance late game is why i stopped playing. I hope it will improve with time but I think the 32bit limitation with these types of games makes them unplayable.

Werewolf13 -> RE: v1.9.5.5 issues, out of memory related (8/14/2014 3:47:26 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: warzer

out of memory errors and extremely slow performance late game is why i stopped playing. I hope it will improve with time but I think the 32bit limitation with these types of games makes them unplayable.

One wonders why both 64b and 32b versions are not available?

Most games are written these days using a version of C++ or C#. I can't imagine that it wouldn't be a fairly simple operation when the final code is written to compile both a 64b and a 32b version.

Then again it's been a few years since I used C. Maybe just flipping a switch in the compiler isn't all that easy any more.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI