new to SPWAW:need download help? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers

Homee07 -> new to SPWAW:need download help? (2/18/2003 2:15:36 AM)

I need some help. I recently discovered SPWAW and have been trying to download the full game from Gamesdomain. I have a cable modem and everything seems to work OK until the download is near completion. When I attempt to open the file, my microsoft works spreadsheet opens with the error message "cannot load the conversion files"???? Do I need Excell to play the game??
I have Win 98SE,DX 9.0, video and sound cards with plenty of hard drive.

rbrunsman -> (2/18/2003 3:28:59 AM)

It sounds like you have an association problem to me. Is the Games Domain download a .zip file? If so, you may be able to right-click on the file and choose "Open With" and then choose "Winzip executable" and also make sure the "Always use this program to open these files." is checked.

Gmenfan should be around shortly to give you "professional" advice.

Don't worry. We'll get you up and running and then kiss friends and family goodbye because you're going to get addicted.

Good Luck!

Homee07 -> thanks!! (2/18/2003 5:35:43 AM)

WinZip was uninstalled from my computer. I reinstalled it, downloaded the full version 7.1 and I'm off and running. thanks for pointing me in the right direction

chief -> (2/18/2003 5:39:38 AM)

rbrunsman: Another good man goes to the island of lost boys.

By the by Home07 "Welcome Aboard":D :) :cool:

rbrunsman -> (2/18/2003 6:50:06 AM)

Chief:

It's getting crowded in here, but there's always room for one more, right?:D

chief -> (2/18/2003 7:20:17 AM)

Roger that !

Bergy -> (3/18/2003 10:21:44 AM)

How long should the download take with a broadband connection?

Bergy -> (3/18/2003 10:27:48 AM)

How long should the download take with a broadband connection?

rbrunsman -> (3/18/2003 11:05:15 PM)

I did it from work and it took 6 hours but there are alot of users on the net here.

If you have a cable connection, then I recommend you start the download with the "getright" download managment utility just before you go to sleep at night and you should have the .zip file by morning without a problem.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI