PBEM demo (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager

Nacho84 -> PBEM demo (8/14/2014 3:43:56 PM)

Hello all,

I hope you're well. We gave user SebbiLebga an interim build of the game featuring the PBEM functionality and he recorded a video showcasing all the available options and demonstrates them by playing in 'hotseat' mode. PBEM will be available in our next big update (version 0.7.26), which we are planning to release between the end of August and the first days of September.

You can check out the video here. Please let us know if you have any questions about PBEM.

Cheers,

wolf14455 -> RE: PBEM demo (8/14/2014 4:05:12 PM)

Ok cool, I will check it out.

Oponent comparison list sudgestion. A filter button that swap between all available goals to have a full view and only a list to compare fullfilled goals on either side. Easier to view I Think.

Sardaukar -> RE: PBEM demo (8/14/2014 4:22:23 PM)

Pretty good stuff!

wolf14455 -> RE: PBEM demo (8/14/2014 5:01:01 PM)

Yup agree, good job. A question: Will hotseat without the server be implemented too?

Nacho84 -> RE: PBEM demo (8/16/2014 8:11:34 AM)

Glad you liked it! I'll add the suggestion of the filters in the backlog. At the moment there are no plans to implement hotseat without the server, but maybe we can do that post-release if there's enough interest.

Cheers,

nico7550 -> RE: PBEM demo (8/17/2014 9:51:14 PM)

Hi,

Opposing faction shouldn't be USA instead of NASA (and NASA red Logo) ?

Hotseat this way is impossible :-)

Can we have a ranking ladder for achievement ?

Cheers

Nacho84 -> RE: PBEM demo (8/18/2014 7:22:28 AM)

Hello there,

quote:

ORIGINAL: nico7550

Hi,

Opposing faction shouldn't be USA instead of NASA (and NASA red Logo) ?

Hotseat this way is impossible :-)

Can we have a ranking ladder for achievement ?

Cheers

It's not a red logo, red is the 'highlighted' state of the toggle button. Boris will revise all the colours in the UI once we have everything working [;)]

You lost me with the hotseat comment, what do you mean by 'is impossible'?

Ranking ladder: for the moment Slitherine's PBEM doesn't allow for rankings, but I'm sure it will be added in the future.

Cheers,

nico7550 -> RE: PBEM demo (8/18/2014 7:32:21 PM)

Hotseat is the term used for playing on the same computer ? The time needed to switch between US and CCCP is too long for a "hotseat" game as I mean it.

Nacho84 -> RE: PBEM demo (8/19/2014 4:03:02 PM)

That's right! Check the wikipedia article.

Cheers,

nico7550 -> RE: PBEM demo (8/22/2014 10:34:23 AM)

So, as I say, in a pure hotseat game, the timeout for uploading/downloading and getting back to the multiplayer screen will be very annoying when all players are in the same room.

Hotseat games should have local save, bypassing the slitherine server.

Cheers

nico7550 -> RE: PBEM demo (9/8/2014 11:37:31 AM)

A good game mode could be the technology swich, US play with CCCP technologies and CCCP play with US technologies, but it need rerender ot the flag clips with US and CCCP flags and alos to have a US soundtrack on CCCP missions... so maybe for a future release...

Nacho84 -> RE: PBEM demo (9/8/2014 12:59:28 PM)

quote:

So, as I say, in a pure hotseat game, the timeout for uploading/downloading and getting back to the multiplayer screen will be very annoying when all players are in the same room.

Hotseat games should have local save, bypassing the slitherine server.

Cheers

Sorry, I missed this reply! I see what you mean. Notice that the loading times in the PBEM version delivered in 0.7.26.1 are a lot shorter than in the video recorded by Sebastian, so hopefully that should make playing hotseat more enjoyable. We'll see if we can add the option of playing locally without the PBEM server post-release.

Cheers,

Nacho84 -> RE: PBEM demo (9/8/2014 1:00:14 PM)

quote:

A good game mode could be the technology swich, US play with CCCP technologies and CCCP play with US technologies, but it need rerender ot the flag clips with US and CCCP flags and alos to have a US soundtrack on CCCP missions... so maybe for a future release...

We'll add it to the wishlist, yes [;)]

Cheers,

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI