Resource Shortage at Const. Ship (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> The War Room

Kopp -> Resource Shortage at Const. Ship (8/18/2014 5:23:45 PM)

At a far away gas giant, a construction ship was building a gas mining station. It has run out of resources and the construction has stalled.

How do I move resources to the construction ship so that building may resume?

DustyMonk -> RE: Resource Shortage at Const. Ship (8/18/2014 5:55:17 PM)

You can't force the private sector to move the needed resources to the construction ship. You also can't move the resources yourself. The easiest solution is to tell the construction ship to stop what it is doing (building), then tell it to repair the station it was building. It'll then fly off to get eh resources it needs.

Kopp -> RE: Resource Shortage at Const. Ship (8/18/2014 9:36:41 PM)

Awesome, that technique worked.

It also turns out that private transports do move materials to construction ships. I hadn't known that. My far-away gas mining station went years without progress, so I assumed that everything pertaining to construction had to be handled by the construction ships themselves.

Thanks for the help.

corwin90 -> RE: Resource Shortage at Const. Ship (8/21/2014 9:37:12 PM)

I'm glad I saw this thread. I had been telling my first constructor to go refuel. Then, I was searching for a different constructor to come repair the station. Sometimes, I wouldn't have one free and would then "forget" about this incomplete station for a few years. From now on, I'll do what you said:

1. Stop construction
2. Tell it to repair

Thanks!

NephilimNexus -> RE: Resource Shortage at Const. Ship (9/7/2014 7:36:34 AM)

Or you could redesign your construction ships to include mineral & gas extractors and then tell them to go fetch the materials themselves.

This can be a real time saver, especially when you run out of Steel when building a mine over a planet that has Steel (and yes this kind of nonsense happens a lot).

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI