The Queens and disembarking (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames

JMarkus -> The Queens and disembarking (8/26/2014 6:38:41 PM)

Hi, I am trying to disembark from England to France a MOT unit using the Queens.The MOT unit is loaded.
Gort-HQ (2) is present in the french coast since thelast impulse.

Are they something wrong? I can not disembark in France..
Gort is alone against the Germans in the belgium border.
[&:]

warspite1 -> RE: The Queens and disembarking (8/26/2014 6:41:47 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: JMarkus

Hi, I am trying to disembark from England to France a MOT unit using the Queens.The MOT unit is loaded.
Gort-HQ (2) is present in the french coast since thelast impulse.

Are they something wrong? I can not disembark in France..
Gort is alone against the Germans in the belgium border.
[&:]
warspite1

How did the unit get picked up? Also are both the TRS and the unit organised?

Also are you playing with AMPH option? Are you trying to disembark in a non-port hex or in the hex WITH Gort?

Orm -> RE: The Queens and disembarking (8/26/2014 6:47:49 PM)

Could you post a screenshot or a save so we can easier see the reason?

JMarkus -> RE: The Queens and disembarking (8/26/2014 6:50:15 PM)

Gort has disembarked with a TRS in a Port (minor port Calais). We are playing with AMPH option but in this case is the beginning of the french front with the germans in Belgium.
The other unit (MOT) is embarked with the Queens.

Each unit tranported from port to port... I would to do the same with the second unit in any french port...

Orm -> RE: The Queens and disembarking (8/26/2014 6:52:25 PM)

You have no other CW unit in France?

You are not out of CW land moves?

JMarkus -> RE: The Queens and disembarking (8/26/2014 6:55:33 PM)

No, only Gort is present in France.. and playing the combined choice.

Orm -> RE: The Queens and disembarking (8/26/2014 6:56:44 PM)

Could it be possible that CW picked a combined impulse and you are out of land moves?

JMarkus -> RE: The Queens and disembarking (8/26/2014 7:00:32 PM)

I got 3 lands moves... and i am playing during the naval fase with 2 movs at the beginning of the impulse.

Ur_Vile_WEdge -> RE: The Queens and disembarking (8/26/2014 7:01:57 PM)

If you're trying to go directly from port to port, that's a naval move, not a land move. Did you do 2 other naval moves?

JMarkus -> RE: The Queens and disembarking (8/26/2014 7:02:16 PM)

I think that disembarking directly to a port is not a land mouvement...

warspite1 -> RE: The Queens and disembarking (8/26/2014 7:02:22 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: JMarkus

I got 3 lands moves... and i am playing during the naval fase with 2 movs at the beginning of the impulse.
warspite1

n/a

JMarkus -> RE: The Queens and disembarking (8/26/2014 7:03:53 PM)

Thats exactly what i try to do.. from port to port in the same sea zone.

Courtenay -> RE: The Queens and disembarking (8/26/2014 7:10:09 PM)

The foreign troop commitment rules state that you can only have HQs and as many other CW units as the total CW HQ reorganization value in France. In this case, Gort has a reorganization value of two. You have moved him into France on a TRS, so the TRS is also in France. This leaves one unit that can move into France. It sounds to me that you are trying to move a land unit and the Queen into France using a naval move. This is two units, and does not work. The better way for the CW to get land units to France is to move them into the North Sea, and to disembark them from there.

"Debark" is a technical term in WiF -- it means to take a land unit that is aboard a transport at sea and move it to a coastal hex. Sailing a unit on a TRS into a port is unloading, which is a different thing. (Debarking, for example, uses a land move; unloading does not. Debarking happens in the Debark step, unloading in the naval movement step. Etc., etc.)

JMarkus -> RE: The Queens and disembarking (8/26/2014 7:11:32 PM)

But its quite strange.. i can disembark in Gibraltar perfectly

composer99 -> RE: The Queens and disembarking (8/26/2014 7:14:02 PM)

Gibraltar has no naval unit stacking limit and, being a CW-controlled hex (I assume), no foreign troop commitment limit for CW units, so I'm not sure what that has to do with problems shipping units into France?

JMarkus -> RE: The Queens and disembarking (8/26/2014 7:15:46 PM)

So the TRS in the port in Calais is the second unit under Gorts limits.. I undestood many thanks. I have to debark from the sea the next time.

Ur_Vile_WEdge -> RE: The Queens and disembarking (8/26/2014 8:16:34 PM)

Or move the TRS out.

Ur_Vile_WEdge -> RE: The Queens and disembarking (8/26/2014 8:16:40 PM)

Or move the TRS out.

Ur_Vile_WEdge -> RE: The Queens and disembarking (8/26/2014 8:16:45 PM)

Or move the TRS out.

warspite1 -> RE: The Queens and disembarking (8/26/2014 9:23:30 PM)

Why do you have to move the TRS out three times - surely once will be enough? [:D]

JMarkus -> RE: The Queens and disembarking (9/2/2014 12:02:00 AM)

In this case and before moving out the TRS you have to reorganise it or waiting the end of the turn for rebasing(13.4.1).

Joseignacio -> RE: The Queens and disembarking (9/2/2014 7:49:45 AM)

JMarkus:

One thing: You are not disembarking, according to WIF and MWIF. Disembarking is leaving the sips at sea and landing the units (always that this is not an invasion, that is).

And disembarking, if I am not wrong, has two variants, one is doing it to port, which can always be done, and the other is doing it in the coast (without a port). For this one, there are some specialties, and I think you cannot do it with MOTs.

All the same, there are some specialties to The Queens, regarding what they can transport (and disembark?).

paulderynck -> RE: The Queens and disembarking (9/2/2014 8:23:23 AM)

It does not matter if the TRS is at sea or in port. When the cargo gets off, it has been disembarked.

Joseignacio -> RE: The Queens and disembarking (9/2/2014 9:21:00 AM)

Maybe it's my fault, I took that disembark was the same as debark. Aren't they?

There is no reference to disembark in RAW, only debark, which I understood was what was the matter. Wordreference considers them synonyms.

http://www.wordreference.com/thesaurus/disembark

quote:

disembark

arrive
debark
deplane
land
get off
get out
alight
go ashore
cast anchor
drop anchor
dock
touch down

quote:

11.13 Debarking land units
Face-up land units in a sea area (being naval transported ~ see 11.4.5) can debark into friendly controlled coastal hexes in that sea area. They can also debark into hexes occupied by a partisan unit they co-operate with.
Each unit which debarks counts as 1 land move. You may only debark from a face up TRS.
A debarking unit must end its move in the hex it debarks in. If that hex costs it more movement points than it has, turn the unit face-down. Otherwise, it debarks face-up. Turn the TRS face-down at the end of the step that a unit debarks from it.
Debarking units are always in supply in the impulse they debark.
Option 26: There are restrictions on debarking (see 22.4.12).

quote:

22.4.12 Amphibious units (option 26)
Amphibious units (AMPH) form a new force pool. They count against ship gearing limits.
AMPHs are much like TRS units. If you are not playing with the amphibious option, you treat them as more expensive TRS.
If you are playing with the amphibious option, you can’t transport HQ-A, ARM, MECH, aircraft, or artillery units on AMPHs.
MAR and divisions can still invade from TRS units (or SCS if using option 25 ~ see 11.4.5) but other land units can only invade from AMPHs.
TRS units at sea can now only embark a land unit from a coastal hex (see 11.4.5) if that hex is a port or contains an HQ (this means a face-up HQ can always be embarked). MAR units, infantry class divisions, and units embarking on AMPHs, are not subject to this restriction.
You can no longer debark a land unit from a TRS at sea into a friendly coastal hex (see 11.13) unless the hex is a port or contains an HQ (a face-up HQ can always debark). MAR units, infantry class divisions and units debarking from AMPHs, are not subject to this restriction.
Treat an AMPH as a TRS for all other purposes.

Wait a minute... You are right:

quote:

Debarking in port
If a TRS ends its move in a port, any cargo debarks automatically at the end of its naval movement.
The cargo debarks face-down if:
ï it is already face-down; or
ï it is the action segment and the TRS started the step at sea.
All other cargo debarks face-up.
Debarking at sea
Face-up land units can debark from a face-up TRS at sea during the land movement step (see 11.13). Face-up aircraft units can debark from a face-up TRS at sea during the aircraft rebase step (see 11.17).
The TRS is then turned face-down.

Orm -> RE: The Queens and disembarking (9/2/2014 9:42:14 AM)

Edit: No longer needed. [:)]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI