Cannot form GHQ in Austria (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> To End All Wars Series >> The War Room

ReviewGameX27 -> Cannot form GHQ in Austria (8/27/2014 5:21:01 PM)

Hi,

I have a problem with the hierachy. I cannot form another GHQ for germany without losing VP and NM when I do not promote first Frank von Ritter from the Austrian Army (since he has more seniority). Now, when I try to create a GHQ with the Austrian 3 star leader that is not attached to any army/GHQ it says I cannot do it. I have no clue why. I fullfill all requirements in the tool tip. But when I cannot make a GHQ out of him then I cannot make a GHQ out of my german 3 star general wihtout losing massive in VP and NM. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Chris

Aurelian -> RE: Cannot form GHQ in Austria (8/27/2014 6:07:01 PM)

Interesting. A glance tells me that the Russians Empire can't have multiple GHQ either. But they actually had Front commands, the only power at the start of the war who used Army Groups. (The 1st and 2nd Armies, for example, were under the command of the Northwestern Front.

Northwestern Front (until August 1915) Northern Front (from August 1915)

Western Front (from August 1915)

Southwestern Front

Romanian Front

Caucasus Front

Ostwindflak -> RE: Cannot form GHQ in Austria (8/27/2014 7:18:26 PM)

I'm a bit confused by your question Medicus. Promoting an officer in the Austrian Army to make a GHQ for the German Army? I don't believe that is possible. The seniority rank for the Austrian generals should not affect promotions within the German Army.

henri51 -> RE: Cannot form GHQ in Austria (8/27/2014 10:28:13 PM)

And according to another thread, Austria can have only one GHQ (but it can de dismantled to create a new one). Germany can have two.

Metatron -> RE: Cannot form GHQ in Austria (8/27/2014 10:31:01 PM)

Austria can only have 1 GHQ, but the most senior commander of the central power is a austrian (and a german if I'm not wrong). So getting a new GHQ commander for Germany will cost you VP and NM (for passing over more senior commanders). Overall it will always cost you to change the GHQ commanders, it's the price to pay. Waiting Moltke to be replaced by Falkenhayne in the Schlieffen scenario is a good option, but all other replacement will cost you. So choosing your overall commander is an important choice in terms of NM.

Toro12 -> RE: Cannot form GHQ in Austria (9/1/2014 3:25:43 AM)

As Metatron notes, Austria only gets 1 GHQ (as do all powers except Germany). Yes, Austria did fight several fronts, but all their armies in WW1 were run from the single GHQ.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI