Question on memory usage (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support

mensrea -> Question on memory usage (8/28/2014 2:05:12 PM)

Would someone be able to tell me if DW:U has large address awareness? I have tried to check it out myself with the resource monitor but I have honestly never observed the game using more than a couple gigs.

Jethro420 -> RE: Question on memory usage (8/28/2014 3:13:17 PM)

I don't think it does... same here. Two gigs max.

Jethro420 -> RE: Question on memory usage (8/28/2014 3:22:26 PM)

Coincidentally, just found this in another thread here:

http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/large-address-aware.112556/

Gonna give it a shot.

mensrea -> RE: Question on memory usage (8/28/2014 5:17:06 PM)

Could you let me know how that works out? It could double the amount of memory available if what we are thinking is correct.

Jethro420 -> RE: Question on memory usage (8/28/2014 6:59:48 PM)

Well, it acts like it's doing something. But, I just happened to wipe my old saves, yesterday. It was a bit crowded in there. So, I'm playing the game I was playing and waiting for the demand to pick up. I'm still not using all of two gigs. I guess we'll find out when it gets interesting.

If anyone has a busy saved game, they could test it faster

By the way, Norton says it's clean.

hasoos -> RE: Question on memory usage (8/29/2014 10:21:21 PM)

I am going to try it tonight. I have a large game saved that went into "Slideshow" mode late in the game. It was running so slow that if I turned it up over .25 speed it would completely lock up. But I was unsure if it was because I started the game in one version, and continued in another after a patch, or it was just a memory issue. Anyhow I will give it a run and see what happens.

lurchi -> RE: Question on memory usage (9/1/2014 11:13:56 PM)

So, did it work? [&:]

Jethro420 -> RE: Question on memory usage (9/3/2014 5:40:36 PM)

I've been too busy with real life to find out, I'm afraid. I figure that will change next week.

mensrea -> RE: Question on memory usage (9/6/2014 8:36:21 PM)

I experimented with it a lot and did not notice the game using more memory than usual. I was using my mod with every race in game so there were a lot of ships, but it was still a small map. I need to try it out on a large map with lots of planets.

Knickers -> RE: Question on memory usage (9/28/2014 5:11:12 PM)

Yeah I need a memory fix too, DWU only uses 2 gigs and this makes it hard to run the largest maps on my computer.

Knickers -> RE: Question on memory usage (9/28/2014 5:55:13 PM)

I did it, and now DWU runs much smoother, it works! :D

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI