Free Mod - Scourge of War: Lynchburg (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Scourge of War Gettysburg Series >> Mods and Scenarios

histgamer -> Free Mod - Scourge of War: Lynchburg (9/10/2014 3:08:47 AM)

Guys, the team over at norbsoft has just released a modification put together by some of the norbsoft team and released it for free on their forums. The modification looks at the Battle of Lynchburg which took place in June of 1864 when General Lee detached General Early to defend Lynchburg VA which was a key confederate supply depot from a Union raid launched by Union General David Hunter.

Scourge of War - Lynchburg

Download Link

To install, just unzip the Lynchburg folder to your Mods folder and enable in game. Included in the zip is a Lynchburg Readme.pdf with more info on the features and historic battle.

Version 1.0
Author: Little Powell, RebBugler, LouiRaider, 2nd Texas

This a standalone mod for Scourge Of War - Gettysburg. It is a special project we did for Liberty College in Lynchburg, VA for the 150th commemoration of the battle.

Important: You must have patch 1.5 or later to use this add-on.

Features:

- 5x5 mile map covering the Lynchburg battle area, including General Hunter’s headquarters “Sandusky”, The Quaker Meeting house, and other historic structures.
- Five Union and Confederate historic and “what if” scenarios covering the action.
- Historic Order of Battle
- Historic unit flags used during the battle
- One multiplayer scenario covering the action of July 18th, 1864
- In-game Lynchburg splash screens

Notes on the map:

The map includes several tactical features that make for enjoyable Sandbox/Multiplayer games. There is a river that separates the northeastern part of the map which includes the famous covered 9th street bridge. There are two earthen forts (Ft. Early and Ft. McCausland) and plenty of open areas surrounded by woods and LOTS of hills. Also the distinctive high mountain peaks to the southeast.

More info on The Battle of Lynchburg: Hunter's Raid

[img]http://www.norbsoftware.com/NSDTeam/Lynchburg/lynch1.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.norbsoftware.com/NSDTeam/Lynchburg/lynch2.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.norbsoftware.com/NSDTeam/Lynchburg/lynch3.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.norbsoftware.com/NSDTeam/Lynchburg/lynch4.jpg[/img]

histgamer -> RE: Free Mod - Scourge of War: Lynchburg (9/10/2014 3:12:24 AM)

double post woops

zakblood -> RE: Free Mod - Scourge of War: Lynchburg (9/10/2014 6:50:41 PM)

looks good, thanks for sharing

Charly G -> RE: Free Mod - Scourge of War: Lynchburg (9/12/2014 11:18:49 AM)

Thank you for the scenario.

Steveonfirst -> RE: Free Mod - Scourge of War: Lynchburg (9/12/2014 3:52:10 PM)

Downloaded yesterday and ran a couple scenarios. Nicely done. I am always interested in the little known battles like Pea Ridge and Lynchburg. Speaking of which, any plans to do a mod for Wilson's Creek?

histgamer -> RE: Free Mod - Scourge of War: Lynchburg (9/14/2014 6:34:07 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Steveonfirst

Downloaded yesterday and ran a couple scenarios. Nicely done. I am always interested in the little known battles like Pea Ridge and Lynchburg. Speaking of which, any plans to do a mod for Wilson's Creek?

It could be something done at some point but the entirety of the focus has really been around Waterloo lately, this mod was made in partnership with a college in Lynchburg originally I believe for the anniversary so its something that is just now being made public but probably will be the last SOW official Norbsoft mod till Waterloo comes out sometime next year.

Steveonfirst -> RE: Free Mod - Scourge of War: Lynchburg (9/19/2014 7:24:54 PM)

Totally get it. Very excited about Waterloo. The sample screenshots and videos look awesome.

Ginetto -> RE: Free Mod - Scourge of War: Lynchburg (11/7/2014 8:35:19 PM)

I downloaded and installed Lynchburg, but it doesn't show in the list of scenarios when I launch the game. I already have installed update 1.61.
What do you mean by "enable"? How do you enable?
Thank you.

e_barkmann -> RE: Free Mod - Scourge of War: Lynchburg (11/7/2014 9:25:00 PM)

quote:

How do you enable?

Go to the modifications menu and select it.

Ginetto -> RE: Free Mod - Scourge of War: Lynchburg (11/8/2014 8:58:15 PM)

Where is the modifications menu? There's a mods folder in the Gettysburg game. I entered it and found the Lynchburg file. I clicked it open but couldn't find anywhere to enable the scenario.

Ginetto -> RE: Free Mod - Scourge of War: Lynchburg (11/8/2014 9:04:38 PM)

WOOOPS, sorry. I found the Modifications menu. Did the enabling. Everything works. I must have been crosseyed. Too many capirinhas.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI