What is Vanilla ?! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding

Hawkeye_BF -> What is Vanilla ?! (9/14/2014 6:10:44 PM)

Hi,

Iam really sorry but all of you have spoken about VANILLA. I cant find anything about a vanilla mod.
Where is it???

Thanks a lot

Hawkeye

Japhet -> RE: What is Vanilla ?! (9/14/2014 6:15:45 PM)

The term "vanilla" refers to an unmoded game, in this case Distant Worlds without any mods.

Hawkeye_BF -> RE: What is Vanilla ?! (9/14/2014 6:28:20 PM)

AHHHHH OK, thank you very much :))

Mad Igor -> RE: What is Vanilla ?! (10/10/2014 4:10:24 PM)

[image]http://marionkay.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/vanilla1.jpeg[/image]
hope that help !
PS: oh gawd..."what is vanilla" internet never stop to surprise me lol

Rahal -> RE: What is Vanilla ?! (10/10/2014 6:57:47 PM)

It's called Vanilla because in the United States 'Vanilla Icecream' meant hydrogenated vegetable fat + cornstarch + fructose syrup and is white in color. So it meant a base product with nothing added.

joproulx99 -> RE: What is Vanilla ?! (10/10/2014 9:27:58 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rahal

+ cornstarch + fructose syrup

conflict with
quote:

with nothing added

then
quote:

United States

failed at
quote:

Vanilla

lol

Rahal -> RE: What is Vanilla ?! (10/10/2014 10:41:42 PM)

quote:

Vanilla software, is a computer software which is not customized. The term comes from the traditional standard flavor of ice cream, vanilla flavor.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vanilla_%28disambiguation%29

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Etymology

quote:

Ice cream fat is a fully refined, bleached, deodorized and hydrogenated vegetable oil.

http://www.cargillfoods.com

This usage began in the united states of the 1970s where 'vanilla icecream' was very white.

Shark7 -> RE: What is Vanilla ?! (10/11/2014 12:44:57 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rahal

It's called Vanilla because in the United States 'Vanilla Icecream' meant hydrogenated vegetable fat + cornstarch + fructose syrup and is white in color. So it meant a base product with nothing added.

Also because a lot of people find vanilla ice cream to be bland and boring...

Rahal -> RE: What is Vanilla ?! (10/11/2014 2:19:38 PM)

Most people now use the word without thinking of ice cream at all...

Vanilla meaning basic - as in "plain vanilla" - comes from american processed food where you had a handful of flavors of 'icecream'. Why is that problematic? It's just how the word came to be used that way; the food was as you say "bland and boring", basically frozen margarine which could be colored and flavored.

Japhet -> RE: What is Vanilla ?! (10/11/2014 3:14:57 PM)

I can't believe that this old topic was brought up again with a discussion about american ice cream [&:]

Shark7 -> RE: What is Vanilla ?! (10/11/2014 4:59:39 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Japhet

I can't believe that this old topic was brought up again with a discussion about american ice cream [&:]

I can't believe I keep looking at this topic and not having a craving for vanilla ice cream. [8D]

Rahal -> RE: What is Vanilla ?! (10/11/2014 6:10:00 PM)

I had some today! [sm=character0267.gif]

Mad Igor -> RE: What is Vanilla ?! (10/12/2014 12:59:46 PM)

maybe because summer is long gone.

Shark7 -> RE: What is Vanilla ?! (10/12/2014 5:01:16 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mad Igor

HAHA! That's funny. Where I live summer starts in March and lasts through December. [;)] It's still getting up to 32-35C for temps right now.

And just to highlight it, I live in the Northern Hemisphere and have had to mow the yard in late December before.

Not very Vanilla at all...my summers. [:D]

CyclopsSlayer -> RE: What is Vanilla ?! (10/12/2014 9:50:59 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shark7

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mad Igor

HAHA! That's funny. Where I live summer starts in March and lasts through December. [;)] It's still getting up to 32-35C for temps right now.

And just to highlight it, I live in the Northern Hemisphere and have had to mow the yard in late December before.

Not very Vanilla at all...my summers. [:D]

Have a spare closet I can move in to?
Today the HIGH temp is all of 12C. Looking to be warmer this coming week, more like 15C highs... [sm=scared0018.gif]

Vanilla: plain, boring, bland - and then something Spicy like a mod comes along... Star Trek, Beyond Extended Universe, etc. and the universe is born anew.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI