Could this be it? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series

GreyWolf16 -> Could this be it? (9/19/2014 7:01:53 PM)

I have been looking for a multi-multi player, turn based, hex war game for some time now. Could this be it?

I while back I had a blast playing a version of Diplomacy online where we were able to negotiate and take our time submissing our turns.

Of course after a few wars we started to long for a bit more complexity and hexes to manauver in.

Can someone here explain the multiplayer functionality of AT-Gold? Each player does submit their moves when they want right? And then I presume each player can view the combat results at their leisure?

Thanks for any clarification here.

falco148 -> RE: Could this be it? (9/19/2014 7:16:12 PM)

Don't expect any simple explanations here GungaDin. The manual tells you next to nothing at all about multi-player and the people that do play it here seem determined to give noobies little or no useful information about it at all. I don't know if their afraid of competition or just want to keep it like an old boys club or something. Anyway good luck!

Twotribes -> RE: Could this be it? (9/19/2014 8:11:04 PM)

Each player does his turn submits it to the next player who can view what happened that he saw and then does his turn and submits it to the next player.

falco148 -> RE: Could this be it? (9/19/2014 8:12:41 PM)

Really?? I'd have never have guessed.....lol

Shadehawk -> RE: Could this be it? (9/19/2014 8:59:32 PM)

quote:

Can someone here explain the multiplayer functionality of AT-Gold? Each player does submit their moves when they want right? And then I presume each player can view the combat results at their leisure?

Yes, that is basically it. There is also an anti-cheat function that can be set to on or off when you start a new game. It reports if your opponent(s) reloaded a save several times and things like that. It can be a bit of a hassle, as it will report saving and reloading a turn as a potential cheat and in huge games it can be a bit hard to play a turn in one setting, so often players have a gentleman's agreement to not cheat and turn it off.

I love this game! The AI is ok, but playing with/against other humans are truly fun.

Vic -> RE: Could this be it? (9/20/2014 5:29:46 AM)

Furthermore among others ATG supports the following functionality:

*Declaring War
*Making Peace
*Making alliances
*Breaking alliances (with all hassle involved if units are mixed up with ally)
*Giving units to other player
*Giving research to other player
*Giving territory to other player
*Sending in-game messages

However due to the IGO-UGO nature of the game I would not recommend a PBEM game with more than 5 human players.

Best wishes,
Vic

Whydmer -> RE: Could this be it? (9/20/2014 5:52:38 AM)

There is a history function built into the game, and whether or not you are playing a multi-player game or against the AI you can click on the history icon (it looks like a book) and review either every move that was made between your last turn and the present, or just look at the battles.

When you complete your turn in a multi-player game you are given an option to quit and save, and then you send the save file on to the next person. It is an IGOUGO game.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI