Adding things to the unit(s) database... (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series

Malakie -> Adding things to the unit(s) database... (9/24/2014 8:01:55 PM)

Is it relatively easy to add units to the database for use in game? For example, I am working on a campaign but having some issues due to missing units that I want to use. For example, there are no Airbases for China that I can find. Another example, is the lack of ASW aircraft for China as well.

What would be nice is if there was a universal database online that people could add units to via the web.. and we could simply update our client side database from that daily, weekly, monthly etc.. Some days there might only be two or three units added.. others maybe 50 units added.

And by having something like that, everyone could contribute units to the database from their own countries and military forces if they so desire.

Just an idea...

ckfinite -> RE: Adding things to the unit(s) database... (9/24/2014 8:06:24 PM)

You can build your own airbases from parts, you don't need to have country specific ones. The Chinese ASW helo would be the Ka-28, and they have no fixed wing ASW assets (outside of a single amphibian).

I like the professionally curated model, as the loadouts and platforms are well-sourced. I don't particularly like the idea of anyone being able to add any platform they wanted, as unrealistic loadouts are commonly touted on many platforms.

mikmykWS -> RE: Adding things to the unit(s) database... (9/24/2014 8:39:21 PM)

Hi Malakie

There are close to one hundred Chinese air bases in the game. You need import them in using the import function.

Open the game in edit mode, add a side, click the editor drop down at the top and then and the load units/group from file. The import dialog will then open letting you pick from thousands of import files. Players can add to this by creating their own import files.

Please do review the manual on this. Its a quick read and should fill in any gaps

Thanks

Mike

Malakie -> RE: Adding things to the unit(s) database... (9/24/2014 10:06:02 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: mikmyk

Hi Malakie

There are close to one hundred Chinese air bases in the game. You need import them in using the import function.

Open the game in edit mode, add a side, click the editor drop down at the top and then and the load units/group from file. The import dialog will then open letting you pick from thousands of import files. Players can add to this by creating their own import files.

Please do review the manual on this. Its a quick read and should fill in any gaps

Thanks

Mike

mm will take a look at that.. I missed it in my reading apparently...

Once these extra units are in the scenario, do other users require those files to be included or is all the needed data imbedded in the scenario file created?

mikmykWS -> RE: Adding things to the unit(s) database... (9/24/2014 10:12:57 PM)

Not at all. The import files just acts on scripted instructions that automatically add the units to the scenario.

The benefit is you build something once. Save it and then you can import it into anything later on (saving you the time and effort of having to recreate it). Soinstead of having to build Nigeria's airports over and over again (4000+clicks) you can do it in maybe 5.

Thanks!

Mike

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI