Fleet Postures and Automation (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series

Nikratio -> Fleet Postures and Automation (9/27/2014 5:13:55 AM)

Hello,

I've read the fleet posture howto, but I'm confused about something: the howto seems to imply that in order to make use of fleet postures, I have to enable automation for the fleet.

However, it seems to me that when I'm doing that, the fleet posture settings themselves get changed without my doing, e.g. the fleet gets assigned to a different home base, or is flipped from Defend to attack.

On the other hand, when disabling automation I don't have the impression that my fleets actually do anything on their own.

What am I doing wrong? Is there another another automation setting that might be responsible for automatically assigning postures, and that I have to turn off? I assumed that the "fleet formation" policy really only applies to formation..

fruitgnome -> RE: Fleet Postures and Automation (9/27/2014 10:31:33 AM)

You have to manage fleets manual in the settings and you don't have to automize the fleets by clicking the symbol.

Skyjack -> RE: Fleet Postures and Automation (9/27/2014 12:47:04 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: fruitgnome

You have to manage fleets manual in the settings and you don't have to automize the fleets by clicking the symbol.

Is that in the empire policy settings?

Nikratio -> RE: Fleet Postures and Automation (9/27/2014 8:41:28 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: fruitgnome

I can confirm the first part. After I set "Fleet Formation" to "Manual" in the Empire Policy window, fleet postures no longer change on their own. So this setting does not just apply to fleet formation, probably it should really be named "Fleet Management".

I'm pretty sure I still have to turn on automation for the individual fleets though in order for them to acct according to their postures. Or is that also what you wanted to say?

Aeson -> RE: Fleet Postures and Automation (9/27/2014 10:07:29 PM)

In my experience, fleet postures will not do anything if the fleet itself is not automated. If Fleet Formation is automated, then you'll have issues with the computer screwing around with your posture settings and home bases, but if Fleet Formation is not automated, you should not have any such troubles.

Hrdina -> RE: Fleet Postures and Automation (9/27/2014 11:51:05 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Aeson

In my experience, fleet postures will not do anything if the fleet itself is not automated. If Fleet Formation is automated, then you'll have issues with the computer screwing around with your posture settings and home bases, but if Fleet Formation is not automated, you should not have any such troubles.

That has been my experience as well. It took me quite a while to figure out why my fleets' home bases kept changing.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI