RE: Attack Bombers (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

towtow59_MatrixForum -> RE: Attack Bombers (10/14/2015 11:52:11 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Yaab

Does it mean that if I set attack bombers to attack airfield/port/city/ground targets between 1000-5000 feet they will always drop to 100 feet? That can be pretty devastating for the attack bombers fly against ground targets.

In my testing, yes from 6k down attack bombers will drop to 100 feet and strafe their target, no matter what mission they are on, excluding city attacks as I have not tested that.

Yaab -> RE: Attack Bombers (10/14/2015 12:36:52 PM)

Many thanks!

spence -> RE: Attack Bombers (10/14/2015 11:45:13 PM)

The original versions of the PV-1 deployed to the Pacific had a bombardier and 2 x .50 cal in the nose. In the field they were modified as well with a "chin pack" of 3 additional .50 cal added and the bombardier removed. From the AARs published by various PV-1 squadrons at VPNavy.com low level attacks were quite common. Later production of the PV-1 included the "chin pack"/no bombardier and the PV-2 included it right from the start. A special PV-2D version was contracted for the invasion of Japan and had 8 x .50 cal in the nose. Only about 30 of the 500 contracted for were completed before the Japanese surrendered and the contract was cancelled.

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI