Beta patch is up at AGEOD (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> To End All Wars Series

elmo3 -> Beta patch is up at AGEOD (9/30/2014 5:01:46 PM)

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?37784-Public-beta-Patch-1-01-RC6

zakblood -> RE: Beta patch is up at AGEOD (9/30/2014 5:54:01 PM)

thanks for the update and share[;)]

stormbringer3 -> RE: Beta patch is up at AGEOD (9/30/2014 6:35:58 PM)

What's going on this update? When I click on the download link I get a page that says I must agree to the terms of service and privacy policy of something called We Transfer. What is that? I bought my game through Matrix and expect the usual great level of Matrix service, downloads from the Matrix site and Zip files not RAR which AGEOD has had a past practice of using. I don't know whether this update patch is Zip or RAR because I'm not going to argee to something I haven't any idea what it is.
Thanks for any info about this.

loki100 -> RE: Beta patch is up at AGEOD (9/30/2014 6:50:34 PM)

its a beta patch - released if you want to test it before formal release. Its not the formal patch

stormbringer3 -> RE: Beta patch is up at AGEOD (9/30/2014 6:59:18 PM)

Loki100,
Thanks for your reply. I did understand that it was a beta, I'm wondering about this We Transfer agreement to which they wanted me to accept. I don't usually download beta patches but when I do I haven't ever seen anything like this. I mostly clicked on the link to see whether it was Zip or RAR.

Tac2i -> RE: Beta patch is up at AGEOD (9/30/2014 7:03:36 PM)

It downloaded as .bin file. Is this correct? I'm with Strombringer3, don't like this 'wetransfer' method of downloading.

Update: downloaded as a bin file on my Android tablet. On my Windows machine it downloaded as an exe file.

Ace1_slith -> RE: Beta patch is up at AGEOD (9/30/2014 8:19:31 PM)

Wetransfer is independent file server site. I don't see what's the problem in using it. No one is forcing you to use beta patch. You can wait for the official one by Matrix.

It is downlaoded as exe file. If it is bin file, the download was probably interrupted.

loki100 -> RE: Beta patch is up at AGEOD (9/30/2014 9:09:40 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: stormbringer3

Loki100,
Thanks for your reply. I did understand that it was a beta, I'm wondering about this We Transfer agreement to which they wanted me to accept. I don't usually download beta patches but when I do I haven't ever seen anything like this. I mostly clicked on the link to see whether it was Zip or RAR.

as Ace says, it downloads as an installer, open it, it is then an .exe file which you tell to open into the directory you set up 'End of all wars'.

I guess this is just a simple and convenient way for AGEOD to handle the resulting traffic?

Queeg -> RE: Beta patch is up at AGEOD (9/30/2014 9:34:39 PM)

Good news. And the early reports on the AI look promising. Hope to try it myself in the next day or two.

Pocus -> RE: Beta patch is up at AGEOD (10/1/2014 2:56:30 PM)

An update will be posted today for the public beta patch and hosted directly from Ageod server.

Templer_12 -> Update for the public beta patch (10/1/2014 3:16:50 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pocus

An update will be posted today for the public beta patch and hosted directly from Ageod server.

Hear, hear? [X(]

elmo3 -> RE: Update for the public beta patch (10/1/2014 8:29:44 PM)

RC7 is now up. From Pocus:

quote:

RC7 has been published, with 3 new entries (see first post for link):

RC7: AI less prone in retreating into structures in regions part of the front.
RC7: fix for garbled display in battle report
RC7: Stacks assaulting a structure and ordered to retreat will simply stop the attack.

Tac2i -> RE: Update for the public beta patch (10/1/2014 10:47:09 PM)

Here is the link:
http://www.ageod-forum.com/downloads/latest/Patch_EAW_v1.01rc7.exe

Complete changelog:
http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?37784-Public-beta-Patch-1-01-RC6

quote:

ORIGINAL: elmo3

RC7 is now up. From Pocus:

quote:

RC7 has been published, with 3 new entries (see first post for link):

RC7: AI less prone in retreating into structures in regions part of the front.
RC7: fix for garbled display in battle report
RC7: Stacks assaulting a structure and ordered to retreat will simply stop the attack.

Pocus -> RE: Update for the public beta patch (10/2/2014 7:14:27 AM)

Patch RC7 came late and so not all forums were advised, sorry, small team here [:D]

RC7 is in good shape and as it fixes the display issue in battle report that plagued RC6, I would say it is a safe version to restart playing EAW. You'll see there are a lot of improvements, some being very major. The AI for example is much better at holding a front, it does not create doomstacks, is more variable for the entry moves. There are many interface improvements and in particular the battle planner presents more infos, for you to decide what to do. Also for veterans of past games, you can revert the posture/ROE buttons to a 'flat mode' where they can always be seen. The Historical design department, a huge human resource of no less than 2 men (some being part time) [:'(] has also produced 2 new scenarios on 1914, more limited but still with quite some depth, for you to try your hands before delving into the massive grand campaign(s). Plus we have events like US reinforcements and various historical landings.

HHFD50 -> RE: Update for the public beta patch (10/6/2014 8:17:34 PM)

Will this patch work with your saved games?

chemkid -> RE: Update for the public beta patch (10/7/2014 9:49:50 AM)

BYU 14 -> RE: Update for the public beta patch (10/9/2014 2:14:23 PM)

Looked on Steam for this beta patch, will it be made available to steam purchasers, or are you waiting for the official patch to update steam?

elmo3 -> RE: Update for the public beta patch (10/15/2014 11:29:01 AM)

RC8 is now up at the AGEOD forums: http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?37784-Public-beta-Patch-1-01-RC8-%28upd-oct-14%29

rwglaub -> RE: Update for the public beta patch (10/23/2014 12:56:47 AM)

There is no inoMusicVolume line in the general.opt file in the latest RC.

chemkid -> . (11/1/2014 5:25:15 PM)

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI