RE: Investigating Multi-player Issues (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat - Gateway to Caen

prjw73 -> RE: Investigating Multi-player Issues (10/30/2014 5:35:00 PM)

Hi Steve,

Login problem solved now . Thank you kindly for your help. I am going to continue testing the bugs now.

STIENER -> RE: Investigating Multi-player Issues (11/8/2014 2:48:27 AM)

steve
can u keep us updated on how things are going with fixing the multi player / lobby issues please.

PipFromSlitherine -> RE: Investigating Multi-player Issues (11/10/2014 4:20:56 PM)

We are waiting on feedback and data from the players who are having issues. If you have repeatable crashes when playing MP then grabbing the debug versions and replicating the issues would be very helpful.

Cheers

Pip

PztCrackwise -> RE: Investigating Multi-player Issues (11/10/2014 7:50:01 PM)

Well Pip, it is pretty simple actually. You just load the game among yourselves and start a multiplayer game. Play a couple of battles with this debugger version of yours, call in airstrikes, make truce, offer truce and withdraw it afterwards etc. Do not play where both of the people are at the same location, perhaps that's why you cannot replicate the crashes since your game perhaps acts like a LAN connection or something. Try connecting when you and your opponent are at different locations e.g. your homes. Basically your internal QA team should be replicating the circumstances pretty easily. We have reported the bugs countless times, so you know already which stuff causes crashes and freezes.

If I had a somewhat more relaxed schedule I could offer to test your game. However, it is your responsibility first of all to provide us with a bug-free professionally made game. So please allocate some resources and hire some professional testers to test these things, don't rely solely on casual gamers!

And believe me there are a lot of people interested in multiplayer with this game. I see in the lobby, on steam and on the forums so many people wishing they could have a more reliable and stable multiplayer experience with this game... The people who have trusted you and bought your games deserve it, really.

PipFromSlitherine -> RE: Investigating Multi-player Issues (11/10/2014 8:06:31 PM)

We have attempted multiple times, with a variety of people, machines, and locations, to replicate these issues with no luck. Thus we need to get information from the wild, where people are seeing the issue, to solve it.

Cheers

Pip

STIENER -> RE: Investigating Multi-player Issues (11/11/2014 5:00:40 AM)

@ Pztcrackwise = [:)]

SteveMcClaire -> RE: Investigating Multi-player Issues (11/11/2014 3:52:12 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: STIENER

steve
can u keep us updated on how things are going with fixing the multi player / lobby issues please.

I asked for information from people who are seeing the problem. Basically the entirety of the feedback I've received is in this thread for all to see. As Pip said, we are trying to reproduce the problems.

If anyone would like to volunteer to assist with this, feel free to PM me.

Steve

STIENER -> RE: Investigating Multi-player Issues (11/12/2014 12:21:11 AM)

hi steve
perhaps to gather more information to help fix the issues you could drop into the game lobby a few times and ask the players there to help out.
i dont think the word is getting out that your looking to fix the lobby / multiplayer issues.
its awesome your spending the time to fix these issues. so if your going thru all this effort, why not take it one step farther and go to the source and start talking to the players at the lobby?

SteveMcClaire -> RE: Investigating Multi-player Issues (11/13/2014 7:38:19 PM)

Players who go to the forums and read a thread about 'investigating multiplayer problems' are more likely to have experienced a problem and be interested in helping to find the cause. Players going into the game lobby to play a game are there to play. I don't want to interrupt them to ask if they would like to help test something that will require them to install a special version of the game and then try to reproduce a problem they may never have experienced themselves.

That said, I already have several volunteers and am awaiting bug reports from them once they can reproduce the crashes.

Steve

STIENER -> RE: Investigating Multi-player Issues (11/14/2014 2:16:34 AM)

OR your going to run into players that are there to play, THAT ARE having issues. see posts above...these guys are there days on end....so to speak...trying to get the game to work.

you dont have to ask them to install another version of the game in all cases. just ask them what issues there having. that may be enough for you to get a better feel for whats going on.

i think most players would welcome you asking about there game play and all around well being. [;)]
as ive mentioned before... i know players who play CC, that never go to the forums to look or post.

PipFromSlitherine -> RE: Investigating Multi-player Issues (11/14/2014 3:39:22 PM)

We need the new EXEs to be used because they contain special logging and debugging code.

Cheers

Pip

STIENER -> RE: Investigating Multi-player Issues (11/15/2014 8:50:23 AM)

Seriously?? i understand what your saying, but im pretty sure your missing my point. if your in for a penny , i would think you would be in for a pound.
the more info from ANY source i would think would be usefull to you guys? going to the exact source of the issues and asking questions and perhaps...YES...getting more people to use your "special "version, one would think would be usefull to you guys in trouble shooting the problem??
is it just me? or am i the only one noticing there is a real lack of people posting on this thread about the issues we know are out there with the multiplayer / lobby?

if only 3 players post here with issues with the multiplayer / lobby, the usual matrix response is...not enough people think its an issue, so its not an issue.
im just trying to help you lads get this issue resolved by giving you some feed back on how to get MORE info and feed back based on my observations out there in the CC gaming world. it cant possibly take you guys that much time to drop into your lobby a couple of times a day for afew days and chat with the players that bought your game? thats positive feed back / taking an interest, from matrix as far as im concerned.

but i guess im wrong with my feed back...yet again.

PztCrackwise -> RE: Investigating Multi-player Issues (11/15/2014 10:21:40 AM)

I remember during the initial release days there were some developers on the lobby (Conrad and Cathartes iirc), testing the game themselves as well as asking some feed-back to the players. I had appreciated a lot. And I'm sure people would also appreciate seeing developers get in touch with them personally to solve problems.

Anyway, that's what I think. I am fine with what kind of an approach you guys follow as long as you solve the problems.

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI