Can't Install Command on My Laptop (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support

Defcon4 -> Can't Install Command on My Laptop (10/2/2014 9:06:15 PM)

Command V1.05 installed on my PC without any problem but I have been unable to get it to install on my Toshiba laptop. Despite several attempts, and without any other programs running, I always get the same error messages.

The first message states, "Another program is currently using this file" and it's followed by a second that says, "Could not start the setup".

Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated. I'm running Windows 7 SP1 with 4 GB of RAM, over 100 GB of available space, and a 2.10 Ghz Core Duo CPU.

Larry

[image]local://upfiles/14769/0F4D9BD64AF34335BBD818F9A19E9A00.jpg[/image]

VPaulus -> RE: Can't Install Command on My Laptop (10/2/2014 9:28:50 PM)

1. Have you installed the game using the original file installer and then updated to 1.05?
2. Which folder have you installed the game?
3. Have you tried with your security programs (anti-virus. firewall, etc.)temporarily disabled?

Defcon4 -> RE: Can't Install Command on My Laptop (10/2/2014 10:13:05 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: VPaulus

1. Have you installed the game using the original file installer and then updated to 1.05?
2. Which folder have you installed the game?
3. Have you tried with your security programs (anti-virus. firewall, etc.)temporarily disabled?

Thanks for the quick response.

1. I just purchased the Wargame of the Year Edition yesterday so the installer was trying to install V1.05 directly.

2. The game didn't install at all. Once I received the two error messages, the installer sent me back to the desktop. I tried to install the program under a sub-directory called 'Wargames' on my C drive.

3. I disabled my anti-virus software which also controls my firewall. I didn't have any other programs running.

VPaulus -> RE: Can't Install Command on My Laptop (10/2/2014 11:01:39 PM)

Try installing the game in Windows Safe Mode:

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/fixtheproblem/f/windows-safe-mode.htm

Defcon4 -> RE: Can't Install Command on My Laptop (10/3/2014 1:21:04 PM)

Safe mode worked. Thanks.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI