Mixed attack postures (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

Yaab -> Mixed attack postures (10/3/2014 2:44:40 PM)

Since the Japanese go first in the land combat phase, what happens if one Jap division is set to Shock attack and another one to Deliberate attack in one hex? Which division goes first? Do combat orders revert to one of the postures? Thanks.

geofflambert -> RE: Mixed attack postures (10/3/2014 3:10:18 PM)

Good question! [&:] Never tried that.

witpqs -> RE: Mixed attack postures (10/3/2014 4:03:24 PM)

The developers have never commented on that AFAIK. I just assume that they mix the attacks within the algorithms and the whole attack still 'happens' at once.

Gaspote -> RE: Mixed attack postures (10/3/2014 4:16:25 PM)

I test with 3 unit, one set to deliberate, two to shock. The order was shock, deliberate, shock in a single combat phase (the main name of the combat is shock attack). By the way, the effect on the unit were those of their combat mode. Disruption and loss for the two set on shock and the deliberate took few loss.

In the combat replay, each unit attack ennemy units so they are treat with their own combat mode, not a global combat mode.
Just saying, one division is stronger in attack than split in 3 or in regiment, brigade etc ...

Lowpe -> RE: Mixed attack postures (10/3/2014 6:50:08 PM)

I do this fairly often: supporting a river crossing into a hex I already have forces in; often times using armor to shock an deliberate attacking with infantry, etc. Works well I think.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI