Story progression? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series

Nikratio -> Story progression? (10/6/2014 4:32:32 AM)

Hi,

I'm pretty far into my first game in the classic era. At the beginning, I've step by step uncovered more and more information about some ancient war against the Shakturi and how it has been resolved. However, it seems that now story-wise nothing is happening anymore. There don't seem to be any "interesting discoveries" that I could buy from pirates, and I seem to have found all abandoned ships and stations that there are.

Do I just have to win the game against the other empires at this point? Or is there some story progression that's still going to happen?

Aeson -> RE: Story progression? (10/6/2014 10:14:43 AM)

You may want to check to make certain that all the ruins you know of have actually been investigated. Zoom in enough so that you can see the icon next to the system indicating that there's at least one ruin in the system, then go to the system, click on any worlds which have ruins, and select the ruin. If you don't know what the ruin does for the planet, get an explorer and order it to investigate.

You will often find that your explorers will not soon visit ruins if the ruins are present in a system for which you acquire a map by means such as pirate information brokers, maps from ruins, map trades with other empires, or map thefts from empires and pirates. They might eventually get around to it, if you let them sit for a while. I would suggest concentrating on systems which are more out of the way or which you know you acquired a map for by some means other than by sending an explorer. Also note that sometimes your explorers only visit a system long enough to get a general picture of how many planets and moons are in it, but don't take the time to map out the resources or investigate the ruins. If you find a system that contains ruins and you don't know what resources are present in that system, chances are that the ruins have not been investigated, at least not by you or anyone you've traded galaxy maps with or stolen galaxy maps from.

Nikratio -> RE: Story progression? (10/7/2014 2:53:03 AM)

Will check on ruins, thanks Aeson!

Or could it be a problem that I destroyed the world destroyer ship? It was being repaired by someone else, and I sabotaged the construction.

Aeson -> RE: Story progression? (10/7/2014 4:10:33 AM)

I don't think that any of the planet-killers are needed for story progression. They can be useful for dealing with the side-effects of story progression, but as far as I know they are not required either for advancing the story or dealing with it.

Nikratio -> RE: Story progression? (10/7/2014 5:37:39 AM)

Hmm. I found a few unexplored ruins, but exploring them didn't change anything. I don't need to built colonies on every plane with ruins, or do I? Anything else I might be missing?

Flinkebeinchen -> RE: Story progression? (10/7/2014 2:42:42 PM)

Repair damaged ships in special locations, then you should progress on story

Nikratio -> RE: Story progression? (10/8/2014 4:32:09 AM)

There's nothing left, as far as I can tell. Everything has been either repaired or destroyed. I checked all the places with the pulsating circles on the map.

SPOILER WARNING

The last thing I learned was that the engineered virus killed the Shakturi force but also most of the remaining galaxy and left behind the Giant Kaltors. Is there more than that?

Sirian -> RE: Story progression? (10/8/2014 6:17:48 AM)

Yes, there is more than that. There is like "hell breaks loose"-more than that...

Nikratio -> RE: Story progression? (10/12/2014 3:52:03 AM)

Bummer. There really isn't anything happening for me, and I don't see anything I could still explore or any damaged ships. I've uploaded the savegame to https://db.tt/fM8SXQNl in case anyone wants to take a look.

I guess I'll be reporting this as a bug then.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI