Dumb question about maps (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

Paska Taikuri -> Dumb question about maps (2/22/2003 8:15:01 PM)

Hello,

I've been planning with a couple of my friends to play a few pbem games. Now, I have a question: what maps do you vets consider to be good for pbem games? I've downloaded most maps off the forum, including the ones in the competition, and I've found most to be good.

J

Gen.Hoepner -> (2/22/2003 8:25:29 PM)

Well,i Think the best thing to do in pbem matches is to make a third design a specific map for u and then use that map in the game so that the map will be a complete surprise for both of u players.

Enjoy

tracer -> (2/22/2003 8:41:21 PM)

Don't forget about the easiest option: let the game generate a random map. ;) I've found that these are fair and balanced almost every time.

Paska Taikuri -> (2/22/2003 8:50:41 PM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by tracer
[B]Don't forget about the easiest option: let the game generate a random map. ;) I've found that these are fair and balanced almost every time. [/B][/QUOTE]

This is what I find a minor issue: real-life terrain is hardly ever fair and balanced. I think that this should feature in the game, and besides, it will make one a better player.

Redleg -> (2/23/2003 4:01:32 AM)

I almost never play on a generated map. Roads and railways to nowhere and v-hexes in the middle of crops are too much for me.

A map needs to fit the year and nations. I usually sift through the libarary of maps and use them. A bit tricky at times but given the great amount of time it takes to pbem, worth the investment.

The great map contest will yield a bunch of good pbem maps soon.

tracer -> (2/23/2003 9:03:24 AM)

To each, his own. :rolleyes: :D

Warrior -> (2/23/2003 7:58:36 PM)

Pull a randon scenario neither of you has played (an H2H, for instance, if you don't use the mod), clear all the units using the editor, and then save that map for your game. Most of my H2H scenarios are on 100 x 100 maps.

Warrior

Redleg -> (2/24/2003 12:17:26 AM)

Yes! Lifting a map from a scenario is an excellent way to obtain maps that you like. Easy to do, also.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI