'bonus move' TFs? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

The Duke -> 'bonus move' TFs? (10/11/2014 5:20:57 AM)

Reading several AARs give mention to the 'bonus move' certain TFs receive on the Japanese side (presumably early in scenario 1 and/or Dec 41 options.

Can anyone clarify these, as I have no recollection of how these work and what advantages they provide. Thanks-

durnedwolf -> RE: 'bonus move' TFs? (10/11/2014 6:26:44 AM)

The TFs on December 7 that have a * in their name (See TF1 and TF2 as an examples) basically have a "warp drive" move on the first turn. So when you play the December 7 turn as non-historical you can have KB warp to a position near the PI or Singapore instead. There are several TFs that have that * in their name that receive that first turn long-leg move.

cohimbra -> RE: 'bonus move' TFs? (10/11/2014 6:52:07 AM)

Durnedwolf is right, but there are TF (not many, like Midway Bombardment & Midway Replenishment) without the *. Just to be sure, you can open the AEeditor (you can find it in the \SCEN folder, AEeditor.exe), load the scenario you're looking for and search for the mark on First Turn Moviment Bonus (look at image, the red arrow point on it).

[image]http://i60.tinypic.com/2ch9yle.jpg[/image]

And for know the exact amount of hexes those TF can run, simply try whit the AI: pick a TF* and send it in the middle of nowhere, run the turn and see where the TF is.

durnedwolf -> RE: 'bonus move' TFs? (10/11/2014 4:42:46 PM)

Wow - the things I learn in this forum... Thanks cohimbra!

SuluSea -> RE: 'bonus move' TFs? (10/11/2014 6:56:17 PM)

Just like to let you know any TF with an asterisk can be changed to a different type / add ships or remove ships and still get a first turn bonus.

You can also load troops and get a bonus move. Experiment and customize to see what can be done.

KenchiSulla -> RE: 'bonus move' TFs? (10/11/2014 6:57:07 PM)

Like getting the 65th Brigade on or close to Rabaul... It can be done

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI