Aircraft RTBs on a straight line entering hostile SAM envelopes (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series

SwampYankee68 -> Aircraft RTBs on a straight line entering hostile SAM envelopes (10/12/2014 3:53:29 PM)

Playing a Community created scenario (Here There & Everywhere) and after hitting targets my strike packages are winchester so they RTB and do so through NVA SAM envelopes. Nothing I do short of sending them to the tanker to refuel gets them to change course. I have attempted to give them waypoints out of hostile airspace with no luck in that they ignore them and keep chugging towards base getting fired at. What am I doing wrong?

dandin384 -> RE: Aircraft RTBs on a straight line entering hostile SAM envelopes (10/12/2014 4:53:07 PM)

A couple things you could try. First you could press 'U' to unassign the planes from their RTB status. That will let you plot a course around enemy SAM. The second option is to go into the side doctrine menu and disable RTB when winchester. Doing option two means a bit more micromanagement but you can keep your A/C out of SAM range that way.

Pergite! -> RE: Aircraft RTBs on a straight line entering hostile SAM envelopes (10/12/2014 5:03:50 PM)

I always put up no navigation zones around areas where I want my units to stay well clear of. I of course remove these if I need to take risks with SEAD/DEAD sorties, but they prevent the other air ops from coming into harms way unintentionally.

76mm -> RE: Aircraft RTBs on a straight line entering hostile SAM envelopes (10/12/2014 5:15:36 PM)

Also, it seems like it is impossible to set the altitude for aircraft on RTB status--is that correct? I tried to have some helicopters fly nape of the earth, pop up for a radar scan, then RTB, but I could not get them to reduce their altitude for the return journey...

jarraya -> RE: Aircraft RTBs on a straight line entering hostile SAM envelopes (10/13/2014 8:37:08 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: dandin384

A couple things you could try. First you could press 'U' to unassign the planes from their RTB status. That will let you plot a course around enemy SAM. The second option is to go into the side doctrine menu and disable RTB when winchester. Doing option two means a bit more micromanagement but you can keep your A/C out of SAM range that way.

Can someone please confirm if this is possible under 1.05? Whenever I have an a/c that's RTB on BINGO fuel (not on Winchester) and I unassign "U", it obeys my orders for a few seconds but then reverts to RTB.

Tomcat84 -> RE: Aircraft RTBs on a straight line entering hostile SAM envelopes (10/14/2014 10:18:20 AM)

What I see in the latest version is: Aircraft on RTB bingo status. If I unassign it with "u", it goes unassigned and will circle forever at location until running out of fuel. But if I assign it to a mission or plot a course after doing the unassign, it does that few seconds then reverts back to RTB bingo.

For Winchester though I always disable that doctrine and manage things myself.

SwampYankee68 -> RE: Aircraft RTBs on a straight line entering hostile SAM envelopes (10/16/2014 10:31:14 PM)

I think the best plan is to micromanage. It means plotting a course away from the envelope, then when the package is safe, ordering an RTB. I appreciate the help though, I did not think of disabling the doctrine myself.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI