SPWAW - Game of the Year (Runner Up) (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

Redleg -> SPWAW - Game of the Year (Runner Up) (3/28/2001 4:28:00 AM)

Did you guys see the PC Gamer picked SPWAW as a runner up for best turned-based strategy game? Quite an acheivement, Matrix. Congrats.

Norm -> (3/28/2001 4:43:00 AM)

Well deserved I'd say!!! Now here is another moment to step out and say thanks to Matrixgames for their extraordinary game and support. --Norm

Dedas -> (3/28/2001 4:50:00 AM)

I saw that too and I´m impressed, very impressed. (But mostly Im impressed because the fact that PCGamer is famous for only nominating realtime games...) Mmh... But Im very unsure of SPWaW winning the contest though, but if we hold our fingers crossed maybe...! ;)

Nikademus -> (3/28/2001 4:57:00 AM)

Runner up??? What wargame did they pick over SP:WAW??

Redleg -> (3/28/2001 5:02:00 AM)

Turn based strategy, not war game. :)

Paul Vebber -> (3/28/2001 5:05:00 AM)

I think it was Combat Mission that beat us out...an't complain much there ;) Woulda been nice if they got the screen shot right - I think they had a shot from one of the Panzer General games...Oh well Don't look a gift horse in the mouth!!!

Panzer Capta -> (3/28/2001 6:01:00 AM)

A well deserved award for SPWaW (and for Combat Mission as well). Although i enjoy Combat Mission too, i think the depth of SPWaW is miles ahead and, if depth was the sole criteria, SPWaW would have won hands down. I think the arcade-like attributes of CM, combined with its depth, was the true difference. I personally am much more drawn to the depth of wargames......one man's opinion. Anyway, SPWaW Version 5.0 will be this years winner. My list would be: SPWaW (big gap) Combat Mission Rising Sun

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI