RE: I'm done with this ridiculous time vampire of a game. (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

LargeSlowTarget -> RE: I'm done with this ridiculous time vampire of a game. (10/29/2014 8:00:50 AM)

Enterprise was not present at Coral Sea and there both Lady Lex and Yorktown got hit so no hiding there. Either Eastern Solomons or Santa Cruz.

However, at Coral Sea Zuikaku was hidden under a squall and Shokaku took the entire strike alone.

wdolson -> RE: I'm done with this ridiculous time vampire of a game. (10/29/2014 8:03:24 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: LargeSlowTarget

Enterprise was not present at Coral Sea and there both Lady Lex and Yorktown got hit so no hiding there. Either Eastern Solomons or Santa Cruz.

I t was Santa Cruz. See post #49 in this thread.

Enterprise was hit too, but it survived the first wave thanks to the extra flak boost from the BB operating with her.

Bill

Yaab -> RE: I'm done with this ridiculous time vampire of a game. (10/29/2014 3:30:48 PM)

I am done as well. Never progressed beyond 20 December 1941 in my campaigns. Restarting feels good though. Imagine I had been Tojo - the war would have petered out in the first week.

Symon -> RE: I'm done with this ridiculous time vampire of a game. (10/29/2014 4:51:34 PM)

That’s the hurtful part of a GC game. It has to be played out till the end. And if someone does a blivet, then that’s what it is.

Most people twist the paradigm into a pretzel and then whine loudly when things don’t happen in accord with their view of some superluminal IRL. Too bad, so sad, your dad.

There’s lots of opportunities to do short map scenarios to see what’s going on, but oh no, the forum wisdom is to dive in, get wet, get frustrated, go elsewhere, but they can’t really help you.

Sounds like you need to find another game. You been around for a while and mostly whine about things. If you wish to go elsewhere, you are encouraged to do so.

Yaab -> RE: I'm done with this ridiculous time vampire of a game. (10/29/2014 5:14:34 PM)

Symon, I am teasing. I love WITP:AE. I promise to finish one GC against AI before year 2050.

rustysi -> RE: I'm done with this ridiculous time vampire of a game. (10/29/2014 9:05:07 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: JeffK

quote:

ORIGINAL: rustysi

quote:

ORIGINAL: General Patton

quote:

ORIGINAL: geofflambert

There was a historical battle (forget which one) where the Enterprise was operating with another CV (in the same hex in game terms) but was hidden by a squall when the attack came and the other CV took all of it.

Midway, I think....GP

No, it was during the Solomns campaigns. Santa Cruz I think. There was a thread not too long ago where this was discussed. I can't recall the name of it or anything, my memory is lame these days.

Coral Sea

No, Enterprise was not at Coral Sea. It was Santa Cruz where Hornet was hit while Enterprise was hidden by a squall.

crsutton -> RE: I'm done with this ridiculous time vampire of a game. (10/30/2014 2:32:50 AM)

I know how the original poster feels and don't blame him. My first campaign of AE I spent three days setting up my initial move and was all set to go. Then my f**king cat jumped up on the table and ruined the whole set up....Oh wait a minute. That was "War in the East" and happened 30 years ago. Never mind...

reg113 -> RE: I'm done with this ridiculous time vampire of a game. (10/30/2014 5:27:12 PM)

remember it like it was yesterday...

You kids, Get Off My Lawn!!! [8|]

pontiouspilot -> RE: I'm done with this ridiculous time vampire of a game. (10/30/2014 7:31:12 PM)

CR...wow....I thought I was the only fool to try that....actually the full War in Europe ... it covered half the basement and there was no way to reach the middle. Alas my cat and Gf conspired and destroyed it.

geofflambert -> RE: I'm done with this ridiculous time vampire of a game. (10/30/2014 10:12:43 PM)

One of my cats did that to me too. I don't remember what we were playing, but it was likely not store bought. Austerlitz maybe. We just did our best to put things back where they were.

wdolson -> RE: I'm done with this ridiculous time vampire of a game. (10/30/2014 10:25:17 PM)

I've had cats most of my life, but they tended to leave my games alone when set up. My mother on the other hand was about as graceful as Godzilla in Tokyo. She was one of the most clueless people I've ever known about where her body was. She had a lot of accidents as a result.

It was a crap shoot leaving a game set up.

Bill

rsallen64 -> RE: I'm done with this ridiculous time vampire of a game. (10/31/2014 12:41:59 AM)

I used to set my board games up in the basement, and the cat would always wreck them. So I bought some cat repellent spray, the kind you would use in the garden, and coated the steps with it...only to watch the cat walk down the stairs coughing and shaking his head, just damned determined to get to my games. I gave up after that.[:(]

geofflambert -> RE: I'm done with this ridiculous time vampire of a game. (10/31/2014 1:16:11 AM)

Some of us let cats get away with stuff we'd never allow wives to do.[:'(]

Knavey -> RE: I'm done with this ridiculous time vampire of a game. (10/31/2014 1:42:27 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

I'm waiting for the doctored AAR documenting a "borked" RL action now. Knavey? [;)]

I am waiting also!

zuluhour -> RE: I'm done with this ridiculous time vampire of a game. (10/31/2014 2:15:54 AM)

[8D]

sanch -> RE: I'm done with this ridiculous time vampire of a game. (10/31/2014 4:49:00 AM)

I did a full campaign of War in Europe over the winter of 77-78. We had it setup in the basement of the local hobby store, and as it was my game, I got to be the Germans. Great fun - about 6-8 hours every Saturday. And sometimes I would stop in during the week just to plot and plan ...

Rising-Sun -> RE: I'm done with this ridiculous time vampire of a game. (10/31/2014 4:40:37 PM)

Noticed chazz have posted this in "Worlds in Flame" Forum, mention the samn thing here, feel like he is just trolling us guys.

Lowpe -> RE: I'm done with this ridiculous time vampire of a game. (10/31/2014 6:10:32 PM)

This thread will never die.

Bullwinkle58 -> RE: I'm done with this ridiculous time vampire of a game. (10/31/2014 6:46:08 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lowpe

Vampires rarely do.

Happy Hallo.

AW1Steve -> RE: I'm done with this ridiculous time vampire of a game. (10/31/2014 6:58:09 PM)

It needs a stake. And soon. [:D] And the forum won't let me make "two consecutive posts". I had to log out , then back in.[X(][:(]

geofflambert -> RE: I'm done with this ridiculous time vampire of a game. (10/31/2014 7:14:36 PM)

quote:

Incorrect. The game is a vampire. This thread is a zombie.

Lowpe -> RE: I'm done with this ridiculous time vampire of a game. (10/31/2014 8:07:15 PM)

quote:

quote:

Does that mean this thread was never alive?

Yaab -> RE: I'm done with this ridiculous time vampire of a game. (10/31/2014 8:11:13 PM)

I'm done with this ridiculous time vampire of a thread.

Endy -> RE: I'm done with this ridiculous time vampire of a game. (10/31/2014 8:30:39 PM)

quote:

What is dead may never die [:)]

crsutton -> RE: I'm done with this ridiculous time vampire of a game. (10/31/2014 11:29:14 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: pontiouspilot

CR...wow....I thought I was the only fool to try that....actually the full War in Europe ... it covered half the basement and there was no way to reach the middle. Alas my cat and Gf conspired and destroyed it.

No, I never said that I was that totally whacked...[;)]

Numdydar -> RE: I'm done with this ridiculous time vampire of a game. (11/1/2014 5:36:10 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: pontiouspilot

Not to brag or anything [:D]

But I played two complete games of War in Europe and one full game of War in the Pacific (the board game) [X(]

Aurelian -> RE: I'm done with this ridiculous time vampire of a game. (11/1/2014 9:01:38 AM)

Nicky Palmer, in his book about board wargaming, said he mounted War in Europe on a cork board and put it on the wall. And used push pins for the counters. Like he said, "How often are you going to play it anyway?"

btd64 -> RE: I'm done with this ridiculous time vampire of a game. (11/1/2014 1:01:41 PM)

quote:

Some of us let cats get away with stuff we'd never allow wives to do.[:'(]

True.

btd64 -> RE: I'm done with this ridiculous time vampire of a game. (11/1/2014 1:04:54 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

Its a "Walker"....GP

leehunt27@bloomberg.net -> RE: I'm done with this ridiculous time vampire of a game. (11/1/2014 2:36:55 PM)

Even though many Grand Campaigns never finish, both sides usually know who really "won" by the game end- whether somebody quit annoyingly or work got in the way or whatever. Its just whether or not they are willing to admit it...
because people don't usually quit a game they are winning do they?

Page: <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI