ECW Flag Colors? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Pike & Shot Series

Hoplomachia -> ECW Flag Colors? (11/1/2014 5:00:21 AM)

I like Pike & Shot a lot. Well done!

But it seems to me that the flag colors of the ECW Royalist units (Blue) and Parliamentary units (Red) are reversed.

I know that ECW units had many flag colors on both sides, but I would say that the predominant flag color for the Royalists were Red.

And last, any chance of getting commanders into the battles?

rbodleyscott -> RE: ECW Flag Colors? (11/1/2014 6:18:13 PM)

The ECW colours in the game were mainly driven by the need for side recognition in the game. As the New Model Army wore red uniforms, the Parliamentarians got assigned red. Obviously in reality, apart from the New Model Army, neither side wore universal uniforms.

It was suggested that the Royalist should be blue with red flags, anf Parliament red with blue flags, but that did not get implemented.

It would be very easy to mod, however.

We do hopefully plan to add generals, but this will require engine changes in order for us to implement it in the way we want to. If this makes the top of the engine to do list, hopefully a similar change will also allow all units to be individually named.

jack54 -> RE: ECW Flag Colors? (11/2/2014 4:13:05 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: rbodleyscott

We do hopefully plan to add generals, but this will require engine changes in order for us to implement it in the way we want to. If this makes the top of the engine to do list, hopefully a similar change will also allow all units to be individually named.

Ohh please, please... I just had a Veteran Cavalier unit almost single handedly brake the Covenanter front. They hit a Raw pike from the flank, pursued into the rear of another pike and then continued into a third-- all 3 broke and ran...

If these Cavaliers had a name.... I'd remember it.[:D]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI