Cargo mission question (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

BillSirKill -> Cargo mission question (11/23/2014 9:06:26 PM)

In this snapshot TF 139 has enough fuel and endurance to make it to LA. My wish is to have it pick up cargo in LA and return to Newcastle.

Will it refuel in LA and Pick up cargo (according to the manual if I don't specify it will pick up either Fuel or supplies)? Also, is there a way to have it pick up a specific commodity or must I have it stop manually in LA then Load then return to home port?

Thanks.. Bill

[image]local://upfiles/45444/F5EB54F00A6B4D0F8CD5C4CB2AE9955A.jpg[/image]

Jorge_Stanbury -> RE: Cargo mission question (11/23/2014 10:44:31 PM)

With the settings you are showing, it will reach LA, then stay there. it will not pick any cargo and it will not return to Newcastle. This because you selected "Remain on station". It should refuel at LA, but there is always the chance the port was busy and it didn't have time to refuel

What I suggest:
change port to LA
set destination LA
once in LA, dock and select what you want to load
then select destination Newcastle
you can then create a CS TF if you want this to happen automatically

geofflambert -> RE: Cargo mission question (11/23/2014 11:08:58 PM)

I often set the destination as the home port, then reset if after it loads or unloads. There are a number of problems this solves.

BillSirKill -> RE: Cargo mission question (11/24/2014 12:01:49 AM)

Thanks... I had a feeling I was going down the wrong road.

Alfred -> RE: Cargo mission question (11/24/2014 12:58:17 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: BillSirKill

Thanks... I had a feeling I was going down the wrong road.

You are going down the wrong road.

Read my post (#448) of two days ago in this thread:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2580654&mpage=15&key=

In your case there is simply no need to import supply into Australia.

Alfred

BillSirKill -> RE: Cargo mission question (11/25/2014 5:13:01 AM)

Alfred: Yes I saw the post... so what I decided was to build up Pago Pago as a depot and Defended it by building up savaii..

The plan is to bring in fuel and supplies from WC for OZ/NZ then up to PM and Borneo.

So, using other ports on OZ on the east coast.

QUESTION: Is there a way to transfer air frames from WC to PH or further?

Thanks..Bill

[image]local://upfiles/45444/35CF68E1D04A4875B0AE97E1CD1B3E00.jpg[/image]

Chris21wen -> RE: Cargo mission question (11/25/2014 7:17:57 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: BillSirKill

Alfred: Yes I saw the post... so what I decided was to build up Pago Pago as a depot and Defended it by building up savaii..

The plan is to bring in fuel and supplies from WC for OZ/NZ then up to PM and Borneo.

So, using other ports on OZ on the east coast.

QUESTION: Is there a way to transfer air frames from WC to PH or further?

Thanks..Bill

[image]local://upfiles/45444/35CF68E1D04A4875B0AE97E1CD1B3E00.jpg[/image]

You can use a AIR TR TF, one group per ship. These TF can also contain CVE. Some xAK can be converted to AKV which will transport groups without disabling them at the other end. You can also include these ships in TR TF. Bar the CVE they don't fill the cargo space leaving room for supplies.

RogerJNeilson -> RE: Cargo mission question (11/25/2014 7:39:52 AM)

As long as you don't expect the nasties to appear too soon and you have an airfield and air support sufficient for the planes just crate them up and send them out on ships.... try not to do so where you expect enemy subs to be lurking as a ship laden with an air unit means you lose the air unit when the ship sinks.

Roger

RogerJNeilson -> RE: Cargo mission question (11/25/2014 7:43:21 AM)

As you are able to develop airfields on islands you can begin to set up 'stepping stone' bases so that your planes can fly between one and another to the front. West Coast to Pearl is a problem solved by crating them up or shipping on AKVs.

One aspect of the Allied planning should be to start to develop this stepping stone chain as soon as possible, unless that's not going to be your main thrust to eject the Japanese from their illegal occupation.

Roger

wdolson -> RE: Cargo mission question (11/25/2014 7:46:48 AM)

Carriers can be used to transport non-carrier capable single engine/fighters into a "hot zone". Get the carrier within range of the base and transfer the unit to the base. This is a good way to get fighter cover over a new base without exposing ships to attack and the planes are ready to fight on day 1. However, if the base is not under the threat of immediate air attack, just loading them onto and xAK will do the job. You planes will arrive in a "damaged" state and you will have to wait until the ground crews reassemble the planes.

Bill

witpqs -> RE: Cargo mission question (11/25/2014 3:50:15 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: wdolson

Carriers can be used to transport non-carrier capable single engine/fighters into a "hot zone". Get the carrier within range of the base and transfer the unit to the base. This is a good way to get fighter cover over a new base without exposing ships to attack and the planes are ready to fight on day 1. However, if the base is not under the threat of immediate air attack, just loading them onto and xAK will do the job. You planes will arrive in a "damaged" state and you will have to wait until the ground crews reassemble the planes.

Bill

Adding to what Bill said, those non-carrier capable planes count as double for stacking on the carrier. You might well have to put some of the carrier's own planes ashore during the mission to make room so that the game engine does not push planes into the sea!

BillSirKill -> RE: Cargo mission question (11/25/2014 4:28:20 PM)

Thanks...gonna give it a go!! WC to PH and SAVAII then westward

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI