War in the West - Ask us Anything (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West

Surtur -> War in the West - Ask us Anything (12/3/2014 3:12:17 PM)

Ask 2BY3 anything!

Gary Grigsby and Joel Billings, the great minds behind War in the West and many other high quality wargames, will be hosting an AMA on REDDIT where you get the chance to ask them anything you wish.

The AMA will be hosted on reddit on December 8, at 9am US Pacific Time.

Reddit is one of the biggest online message board where you can discuss, and share thoughts, ideas, links, images videos etc.. A popular type of topic is the so called “AMA” or “Ask Me Anything”, where a (famous) person introduces him/herself and allows you to ask him or her any question you would like.

More information will follow soon.

Cheers,

Surtur

Richrd -> RE: War in the West - Ask us Anything (12/3/2014 7:28:17 PM)

Is there ever going to be any chance of three day turns?

Joel Billings -> RE: War in the West - Ask us Anything (12/8/2014 5:24:13 AM)

We don't have any plans for changing the turn length of the ground game, although there has been some talk of having air only scenarios with different turn lengths.

Zels -> RE: War in the West - Ask us Anything (12/8/2014 12:22:29 PM)

The Allies flew roughly 30k sorties during the Battle of Britain in 1940, so how is it that they're flying 11k sorties per week in Operation Husky?

warspite1 -> RE: War in the West - Ask us Anything (12/8/2014 12:27:22 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zels

The Allies flew roughly 30k sorties during the Battle of Britain in 1940, so how is it that they're flying 11k sorties per week in Operation Husky?
Warspite1

If those nos are right then it's all to do with the sheer number of aircraft involved. The war in 1939/40 was a completely different affair to the war post 1942.

Helpless -> RE: War in the West - Ask us Anything (12/8/2014 2:23:51 PM)

One thing to remember that automatic naval patrols are quite abstracted. They are not "real" sorties, but rather "potential" sorties. Otherwise I think system is not generating too many flights when comparing to the RL, although it is possible to hard press and get a lot more, but ops losses starting to be very high.

Zels -> RE: War in the West - Ask us Anything (12/8/2014 3:05:57 PM)

I agree mate, but 30k per annum in Britain versus 11k per week (600k per annum, or 1500 daily) in Sicily (!?) is a dubious spike in numbers.

Zels -> RE: War in the West - Ask us Anything (12/8/2014 3:08:01 PM)

Thanks Pavel, point taken on naval patrols. We've cancelled those to try and get a zero balance. What is the "RL"?

Helpless -> RE: War in the West - Ask us Anything (12/8/2014 3:32:49 PM)

RL - real life :)

Found such sentence in the wiki on husky:

quote:

Between mid-May and the invasion, allied airmen flew 42,227 sorties that destroyed 323 German and 105 Italian aircraft for the loss of 250 of their own aircraft, mostly to anti-aircraft fire while operating over Sicily.

So it was quite busy theater.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allied_invasion_of_Sicily

jzardos -> RE: War in the West - Ask us Anything (12/13/2014 10:48:17 PM)

please can we get flak fixed soon? I just lost stomach to play as axis now in my pbem game. sorry, but just is what it is.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3757789&mpage=2&key=�

Helpless -> RE: War in the West - Ask us Anything (12/14/2014 12:22:38 PM)

Flak is not considered as broken. We adjusted high alt efficiency for the med/heavy flak and reduced flight altitude evade rating a bit. But otherwise flak primary role to disrupt flight causing accuracy impact. Bombing accuracy was also adjusted in coming patch.

joey -> RE: War in the West - Ask us Anything (12/14/2014 3:16:39 PM)

Great! Any idea when the patch will be coming out?

Helpless -> RE: War in the West - Ask us Anything (12/14/2014 3:49:19 PM)

Plan is somewhere around next week.

joey -> RE: War in the West - Ask us Anything (12/14/2014 4:37:31 PM)

Very cool. Just in time for Christmas!

jmolyson -> RE: War in the West - Ask us Anything (12/17/2014 11:43:38 PM)

Can we play a naval-centered scenario or campaign using this game?

I would like to see a North Atlantic campaign with convoys, surface raiders, wolfpacks,
CVE hunter-killer groups, etc.

How about AE II based in the European-North Atlantic Theater?

Joe

AlbertN -> RE: War in the West - Ask us Anything (12/17/2014 11:58:02 PM)

Admittedly I've not WITW, but I have WITE.

My question here is - can the Germans "create" units as the Soviets can in WITE? (Attachments or Divisions!).
Or they are locked again in a fully historical OOB?

Baelfiin -> RE: War in the West - Ask us Anything (12/18/2014 2:29:14 AM)

No cant create new units like soviet in WetE

shermanny -> RE: War in the West - Ask us Anything (12/20/2014 8:33:12 PM)

What happens if an Allied unit is so far east that the Soviet zone overlaps it in the interphase?

Same question for German units?

Joel Billings -> RE: War in the West - Ask us Anything (12/20/2014 9:06:25 PM)

I know the Allied units get moved back to Allied territory. I assume the same for German units.

bwheatley -> RE: War in the West - Ask us Anything (1/5/2015 8:04:04 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cohen

Admittedly I've not WITW, but I have WITE.

My question here is - can the Germans "create" units as the Soviets can in WITE? (Attachments or Divisions!).
Or they are locked again in a fully historical OOB?

You can't control german production...BUT you have complete control over what units go back and forth from the Eastern Front which is pretty sexy. :)

freeboy -> RE: War in the West - Ask us Anything (1/5/2015 4:11:21 PM)

can I change the settings for FOW after I start a campaign?

Im playing current patch axis vs computer ai

freeboy -> RE: War in the West - Ask us Anything (1/5/2015 4:53:00 PM)

will the AI as Allies bypass strong points? I have made Sicily Messina area a tough nut and wonder about the ability to land behind me as a human would ?

freeboy -> RE: War in the West - Ask us Anything (1/5/2015 6:43:34 PM)

OK, it is smart enough to pressure my troops, bleed my best and then land behind me!!!
BRAVO

carlkay58 -> RE: War in the West - Ask us Anything (1/5/2015 11:56:09 PM)

freeboy - yes you can change the settings for FOW in a game vs the AI - but not against another human player. It is in the in-game preferences screen under the Administration tab.

freeboy -> RE: War in the West - Ask us Anything (1/6/2015 3:10:34 PM)

tu

1nutworld -> RE: War in the West - Ask us Anything (1/6/2015 11:23:15 PM)

Hey everyone, I've been playing Harpoon and other modern combat sims. I've had older WWII ones as well but haven't played them in ages.

I just purchased WitW. I'm having trouble with words on my laptop screeen over-writing each other etc. I think I have a display size issue that will correct it.

I've not seen anywhere in the players handbook or manual what the recommended display size is.

freeboy -> RE: War in the West - Ask us Anything (1/7/2015 1:24:07 AM)

some how the display size is tied to the monitor size.. try different settings
good luck

1nutworld -> RE: War in the West - Ask us Anything (1/7/2015 2:18:37 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: freeboy

some how the display size is tied to the monitor size.. try different settings
good luck

Even at 1920 x 1080 I've still got over-write.

I've changed it from my default 1920 x 1080 to 1024 x 768 and still have the same problem. and even tried a couple in between the two.

Its not stopping me from playing, but I can't see everything as clear as what is on the tutorial videos and that is aggravating.

Thanks for the prompt reply freeboy!

Wild -> RE: War in the West - Ask us Anything (1/7/2015 2:23:51 AM)

Your computers DPI settings can't be set over 100 or you will get the overwrite display issue.

1nutworld -> RE: War in the West - Ask us Anything (1/7/2015 4:03:40 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Wild

Your computers DPI settings can't be set over 100 or you will get the overwrite display issue.

Thanks Wild!! Getting that information helped me figure out how to fix things!

Thank you so much

Page: [1] 2   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI