So who's gonna buy the printed manual and why? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West

wosung -> So who's gonna buy the printed manual and why? (12/4/2014 2:34:54 PM)

I'm just curious. Who's gonna buy the printed manual and why?

It's really is looking good & solid. It's part of the grognard deluxe collectors package.
OTOH, when I'm thinking of all those patches and changes in WitE...

comsolut -> RE: So who's gonna buy the printed manual and why? (12/4/2014 2:47:41 PM)

I'm helpless, just take my money, for a good book. The only good thing about kindle, is I don't have to
find room for all the books now. Virtual library. But nothing is better than a hardcopy, color book like this
one.

I miss the days of printed manuals being standard.

I have really enjoyed the World in Flames books, and very pleased to get one for War in the West!

Agathosdaimon -> RE: So who's gonna buy the printed manual and why? (12/4/2014 2:51:15 PM)

i will - when i have the funds for it , i muct prefer having a physical resource at hand then viewing a pdf- which is always a tedious process when wanting to flick through a large document to find something - which is infinitely easier to do by skimming hte pages of a book

Wolfe1759 -> RE: So who's gonna buy the printed manual and why? (12/4/2014 2:52:37 PM)

The printed manual will only cost me 98p in addition to the cost of the download version - not a hard decision to make [:)]

zakblood -> RE: So who's gonna buy the printed manual and why? (12/4/2014 3:02:02 PM)

where does it let you add the manual?

Erik Rutins -> RE: So who's gonna buy the printed manual and why? (12/4/2014 3:13:38 PM)

You can't "add" the manual - you just purchase the physical copy and it comes with the printed manual and a free download.

zakblood -> RE: So who's gonna buy the printed manual and why? (12/4/2014 3:22:14 PM)

ah ty

Banquet -> RE: So who's gonna buy the printed manual and why? (12/4/2014 3:47:36 PM)

My best gaming memories were buying monster war games and sims and getting a massive manual that I knew I could ready over breakfast, in bed, on the bus, etc and really soak up what the game was about. Even better if they had a designers notes and historical section on the combatants. I don't have time for too many games these days but when something as rare as WitW comes along, definitely count me in for the manual! Also, I just find hard copy manuals so much easier and nicer to read than online manuals.

DBeves -> RE: So who's gonna buy the printed manual and why? (12/4/2014 4:05:42 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: wosung

I'm just curious. Who's gonna buy the printed manual and why?

It's really is looking good & solid. It's part of the grognard deluxe collectors package.
OTOH, when I'm thinking of all those patches and changes in WitE...

Yes, that's my view - the bound manual - if WiTE is anything to go by will be useless five minutes later. But - given the crazy situation where the cost for a DL only version in the uk
is the same as a physical version it doesn't make any sense not to buy it.

Erik Rutins -> RE: So who's gonna buy the printed manual and why? (12/4/2014 4:07:31 PM)

It's also worth noting that for WITE, we were limited by what could fit in the box so we had to abridge the manual somewhat. For WITW we decided to go with the large hardcover format so that we could be as comprehensive as we wanted to be. While there will be changes after release, I think the vast majority of the manual will be useful for years to come.

Regards,

- Erik

Dorb -> RE: So who's gonna buy the printed manual and why? (12/4/2014 11:20:03 PM)

I will buy the printed manual when I decide to buy. Why, because I am old school(45) and recall the days when the games were about the same price(as today) and they always came with a nice big juicy manual. - Which may be why MicroProse, Talonsoft and SSI are out of the biz these days.[;)] (don't get me wrong, I do enjoy reading the pdf on the ipad in bed late at night while the wife sleeps.)

Qwixt -> RE: So who's gonna buy the printed manual and why? (12/4/2014 11:35:18 PM)

[image]http://www.matrixgames.com/amazon/Art/witw/WitW_Comp_02.png[/image]

If that's a picture of the manual, then it's a tough decision on whether to get the manual, because that manual looks quite nice.

Erik Rutins -> RE: So who's gonna buy the printed manual and why? (12/4/2014 11:57:10 PM)

That is indeed the printed manual. [8D]

sfbaytf -> RE: So who's gonna buy the printed manual and why? (12/5/2014 1:02:53 AM)

I bought it. I'll read it and use it. Not a hard decision. If they came out with a nice hard cover for War in the Pacific, War in the East and Command Modern Naval Operations i would buy those too.

Belphegor -> RE: So who's gonna buy the printed manual and why? (12/5/2014 2:02:16 AM)

And what happens to those who fire first and check the settings later. I didn't buy the manual but intended to. Any hope?

Numdydar -> RE: So who's gonna buy the printed manual and why? (12/5/2014 6:15:12 AM)

I asked that question to Matrix's customer service about Command Naval Ops as I wanted the printed manual and they said it can't be done. Also if you do by games through Steam, then no way to get the manuals either. So according to the CS folks, you would need to buy another copy to get the manual. If any one knows differently, I'd love to hear it as I would very much like to get a copy of the manual for command.

Needless to say I did NOT make that mistake with WitW [:)]

Major Bong -> RE: So who's gonna buy the printed manual and why? (12/5/2014 6:19:36 AM)

I bought the boxed version. The digital version +VAT costs almost the same as the boxed version without VAT. And if the boxes are shipped within the EU then I might not even have to pay extra VAT. Also that manual is worth it and I want a box to put next to my War in the East box.

apoll -> RE: So who's gonna buy the printed manual and why? (12/5/2014 7:11:07 AM)

You bet! I bought it and the manual. Really miss a hefty printed manual to settle down with and study a complex sim like this. Bring back the good old days where such manuals were mandatory.

Apoll

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI