RE: Extended 'pauses' in the air execution phase (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> Tech Support

ratprince -> RE: Extended 'pauses' in the air execution phase (12/16/2014 9:12:36 PM)

Sorry frustrating as hell. Had a couple hours to play and tried to start figuring out air war....and BOG..... Been waiting the entire time.

Not complaining. Great game. This is just incredibly annoying.

ratprince -> RE: Extended 'pauses' in the air execution phase (12/16/2014 9:14:03 PM)

can you effect detail changes mid execution?

Helpless -> RE: Extended 'pauses' in the air execution phase (12/16/2014 9:14:39 PM)

it should run fast with none.

Helpless -> RE: Extended 'pauses' in the air execution phase (12/16/2014 9:21:05 PM)

Btw, you can upload a save. It could be something else we are not aware of. This particular thread contains at least two absolutely different issues.

ratprince -> RE: Extended 'pauses' in the air execution phase (12/16/2014 9:21:16 PM)

Ok....because I am ignorant, is "none" still showing a green box with {stats, air directive, messages} down in the bottom right? I have detail to none I thought and this is ridiculous. I just figured out air settings and now I cannot play the campaign like this. pushing two hours now processing. Lags...hangs up...says not responding...then pops back with another sound effect and a couple more sorties....

Any suggestions other than setting detail to none?

ratprince -> RE: Extended 'pauses' in the air execution phase (12/16/2014 9:24:31 PM)

Not sure how to do that. Sorry...fairly simpleton at PC stuff.... tips?

Helpless -> RE: Extended 'pauses' in the air execution phase (12/16/2014 9:25:17 PM)

quote:

Ok....because I am ignorant, is "none" still showing a green box with {stats, air directive, messages} down in the bottom right?

Yes

quote:

I have detail to none I thought and this is ridiculous.

With none you should see no map redraw on any raid. It should stay static. You may switch to the message tab and see where it stuck.

ratprince -> RE: Extended 'pauses' in the air execution phase (12/16/2014 9:26:47 PM)

My screen has white washed out and the circle of thinking death.... If I switch to messages,and it comes up what info do you need?

Helpless -> RE: Extended 'pauses' in the air execution phase (12/16/2014 9:27:55 PM)

quote:

Not sure how to do that. Sorry...fairly simpleton at PC stuff.... tips?

You can zip your save prior execution and attach it to the message (there is a text button "Click here to upload!").

Helpless -> RE: Extended 'pauses' in the air execution phase (12/16/2014 9:29:27 PM)

quote:

If I switch to messages,and it comes up what info do you need?

You may switch to the message tab and see where it stuck. You may upload a screenshot.

ratprince -> RE: Extended 'pauses' in the air execution phase (12/17/2014 1:42:00 AM)

Wow....ok, I left...and came back three and a half hours later....only at 86 percent complete...wtf....

time for a ctrl-alt-del Ill try to do the zip thing and load a save....crazy. Just doesnt make any sense why the AI would take five minutes and player directed takes 6 hours????? or more....wow..

ratprince -> RE: Extended 'pauses' in the air execution phase (12/17/2014 1:44:14 AM)

Uhh....hope this is it...

If I did it correctly it is the save just prior to the execution....

ratprince -> RE: Extended 'pauses' in the air execution phase (12/17/2014 2:12:13 AM)

Ok, restarted after a reset and ACTUALLY set msg delay to zero. It appears to moving with reasonable haste.

Clearly functioning versus seven hours to be 80 percent done... heheh..

ratprince -> RE: Extended 'pauses' in the air execution phase (12/17/2014 2:21:20 AM)

as an aside, I set msg air delay to ZERO in the pref. But I am still getting a redraw of screen, sound effects, symbols for type of raid etc....is there some OTHER way to eliminate this happeneing? I really dont care to watch all the stuff...

Joel Billings -> RE: Extended 'pauses' in the air execution phase (12/17/2014 5:20:55 AM)

Air execution phase detail (or shift-i or button on top with 4 aircraft). Set to None to minimize what's shown.

Helpless -> RE: Extended 'pauses' in the air execution phase (12/17/2014 7:09:24 AM)

quote:

But I am still getting a redraw of screen, sound effects, symbols for type of raid etc....

Looks like it is not set to low/none.

You should toggle air execution button or preference.

[image]local://upfiles/13846/8ED134232F3C4A5A98DB766868E6490F.jpg[/image]

ratprince -> RE: Extended 'pauses' in the air execution phase (12/17/2014 2:07:24 PM)

Thanks. It is working at no msg level.

Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI