Quick noob question re: manual (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

Delaware -> Quick noob question re: manual (12/8/2014 10:51:42 AM)

First off, I am astounded by how active this community is. Thanks already for help and advice given.

Secondly, is the manual that ships with the game still mostly relevant? I know lots of games the manual is outdated after the first patch. If it's not, is there a source or pdf that is better?

Thank you

Dili -> RE: Quick noob question re: manual (12/8/2014 11:13:53 AM)

Manual is relevant, but needs to be updated . Also if you go for betas you need to read the updates.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3185062

wegman58 -> RE: Quick noob question re: manual (12/8/2014 11:32:41 AM)

Speaking of manual update - didn't Alfred start that project? I remember a thread, don't remember any recent news.

Progress?

Delaware (and others buying the game during the sale) - Alfred has an uncanny ability to scour the forums and collect the information the people who know what they are talking about (mostly developers I think) and then distill it in one place.

RogerJNeilson -> RE: Quick noob question re: manual (12/8/2014 11:53:01 AM)

I still check the manual after playing the game since it was released, and also I am playing three different games, one of which is not updated to Beta.

Use the manual - and then ask here. Alfred is the closest thing to the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy I know, but others also have some useful points and rapidly reply.

Roger

crsutton -> RE: Quick noob question re: manual (12/8/2014 8:12:57 PM)

Reading the manual is a must. The bones of the game are still the same. It is not that the manual is wrong, it is just that the game has grown over time and a lot of the finer details are new and not to be found in the manual. Come to this board for the rest. But the manual is all you need to get up and running.

btd64 -> RE: Quick noob question re: manual (12/9/2014 12:03:55 PM)

Hey, Does anyone know if Matrix will replace a lost manual. Mine was lost in action this passed year with all hands.[:(] Would like to get a replacement....GP

chemkid -> RE: Quick noob question re: manual (12/9/2014 3:41:38 PM)

btd64 -> RE: Quick noob question re: manual (12/9/2014 6:32:49 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: chemkid

sir!, general!, sir!! - i've gave the manual-pdf to print-on-demand service and
they handed the whole thing back to me including the 'famous' spiral binding i love so much!! [:)]
wasn't that expensive and still looks great!

cheers!
chem!

chem, Did you use IronMountian's service or someone else?....GP

Cost?

chemkid -> RE: Quick noob question re: manual (12/9/2014 6:39:53 PM)

zuluhour -> RE: Quick noob question re: manual (12/9/2014 8:10:21 PM)

I'm going to have Alfred's updated version, should he have the time or inclination, bound in leather, tanned in the South Pacific with palm frond page markers, gilded in BB gray and printed in Williamsburg complete with embossing and signed by the forum.[:)]

rustysi -> RE: Quick noob question re: manual (12/9/2014 8:49:36 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: zuluhour

I'm going to have Alfred's updated version, should he have the time or inclination, bound in leather, tanned in the South Pacific with palm frond page markers, gilded in BB gray and printed in Williamsburg complete with embossing and signed by the forum.[:)]

Could you please make that two?[:D]

btd64 -> RE: Quick noob question re: manual (12/10/2014 7:48:25 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: zuluhour

Don't forget antique white, med weight high quality paper. Can't remember what I used in the 80's for my architectural projects....GP

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI