pilot training (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West

Ormbane -> pilot training (12/8/2014 4:09:36 PM)

I've never played WitE but in my limited experience with WitP:AE it seems that pilot training can make a big difference in the success of air units. IN WitW I notice that the air doctrine screen allows me to set a desired training experience level for pilots. As I understand it pilots coming into units with a lower experience level will not fly combat mission until they are trained to the desired level. Has anybody experimented to see if this provides much benefit to air units in this game? Also, does anybody have much experience setting entire units to training for periods of time in this game?

Helpless -> RE: pilot training (12/8/2014 4:19:24 PM)

Unless group is set to train or rest, all pilots are taking part in the combat mission, regardless of the training percentage. Afaik, it should be described in details in the manual. So far training in WITW is quite "expensive" way to increase pilot skill, it is probably make sense if you still have some old planes in the pool to be used for that.

Ormbane -> RE: pilot training (12/8/2014 4:50:07 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Helpless

Unless group is set to train or rest, all pilots are taking part in the combat mission, regardless of the training percentage. Afaik, it should be described in details in the manual. So far training in WITW is quite "expensive" way to increase pilot skill, it is probably make sense if you still have some old planes in the pool to be used for that.

Hmm, if I understand what you are saying then the manual would seem to be in error. Section 5.3.2 says that the training experience level shows "the experience level below which pilots will train while the air group unit is NOT set to Rest or Train. The value entered determines the experience the pilot must be below in order for the pilot to conduct training missions while the air group unit is OTHERWISE actively flying combat missions (NOT set to train or rest)."

So, I am a bit confused after reading both your post and the manual, but sometimes it is easy for me to get confused :)

Helpless -> RE: pilot training (12/8/2014 4:54:48 PM)

That's right. If it is set to train all pilots will fly it. If rest none.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI