henryguy79 : are you a spammer? an hacker, or what? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

Resisti -> henryguy79 : are you a spammer? an hacker, or what? (3/1/2003 10:27:36 PM)

He's posted the same message on the last tens of thread in here, and other Forums, too.
The message has no reference with the threads subject, and contains a link to a web site talking about "celebrities"....

I'd suggest not to click on that link, indeed!

I've reported him to moderators, also.

CCB -> (3/1/2003 10:29:56 PM)

hehe, looks like we had the same thought at the same time. ;)

Resisti -> Damned bastard! (3/1/2003 10:40:38 PM)

He's creating a mass e-mails sending, as most of us, I believe, have the "e-mail me when someone reply" function for many of the open threads.
I'm receiving a lot of notices from Matrix mail serice in this moment.
It's sorta DDos effect, and Matrix server could even got jammed or really slowed down, at last :((:mad:

Les_the_Sarge_9_1 -> (3/1/2003 10:42:07 PM)

Keep in mind guys, the user might just be a dude that has been effectively "used" as well.

But hmmm, now I am seeing that the forum performance the other day might not have been so "mysterious".

I suspect though, that our matrix mods are already all over this.

They are not likely going to have missed this.

CCB -> (3/1/2003 10:42:42 PM)

My Matrix mail service is 'turned off' (except for Private Messages) but I can now see how that would be a problem. Good call Resisti. :)

Les_the_Sarge_9_1 -> (3/1/2003 10:53:37 PM)

In the hope that we posters that do have messages notification turned on are not actually contributing, I am turning them off today, and hmm think I will take a day away from the forums.

We might be actually making this guys effect work through our posting traffic guys.

Everyone go offline and play a wargame for the day!

KG Erwin -> SOB! (3/2/2003 1:49:05 AM)

I just unsubscribed to all the threads. We need to track this MF henryguy79 down and rip out his entrails. I'll check back tomorrow.

Supervisor -> (3/2/2003 1:54:54 AM)

I notfied David, I'm sure he'll pull the plug. It appears it was a cheap attempt at spamming be cause he posted 91 times today all within a few minutes after each other.

Fallschirmjager -> (3/2/2003 1:56:54 AM)

He may get a small cash sum every time you click the link...so dont

Ross Moorhouse -> (3/2/2003 3:12:48 AM)

Henryguy79 has been banned.

Supervisor -> (3/2/2003 3:37:33 AM)

Ross can you delete all his posts?????

Ross Moorhouse -> (3/2/2003 4:16:12 AM)

WHAT ALL 90 of them. That will take hours as they have to be done one by one.

Voriax -> (3/2/2003 4:24:42 AM)

Put him in your ignore list..then you won't see his spams.

Voriax

Marc von Martial -> (3/2/2003 6:50:15 AM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ross Moorhouse
[B]WHAT ALL 90 of them. That will take hours as they have to be done one by one. [/B][/QUOTE]

Hey, you get payed for some reason mate :D

Marc von Martial -> (3/2/2003 6:53:45 AM)

[QUOTE]Total Posts: 90 (85.19 posts per day) [/QUOTE]

Thatīs something I would love to see beaten by harlew.... Ehrmmm Sven ;)

Fallschirmjager -> (3/2/2003 7:39:29 AM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Marc Schwanebeck
[B]Thatīs something I would love to see beaten by harlew.... Ehrmmm Sven ;) [/B][/QUOTE]

The real issue it whos posts are more usefull?

:p

Joking

Mojo -> (3/2/2003 8:05:15 AM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Fallschirmjager
[B]The real issue it whos posts are more usefull?

:p

Joking [/B][/QUOTE]

I take it that 's a rhetorical question that you really didn't want an answer for right brah?;)

Grok -> (3/2/2003 5:59:37 PM)

[I]I just unsubscribed to all the threads. We need to track this MF henryguy79 down and rip out his entrails. I'll check back tomorrow[/I]

A bit blood thirsty, ain't ya, KG? How have you been, anyway?

Samething happened to my board last year, only it was a spam bot, but if I remember correctly, I learned (after many exchanges from vBulletin support) there is a way to isolate and remove all of the posts at once. However, my webhost was not a happy camper since it flooded their servers and consequently disrupted service to other, of their, clients. Since then the webhost emails me these little reminders whenever vBulletin has an update and we eventually update (but, that's another nightmare altogether).

Grok

KG Erwin -> Hello, Grok! (3/3/2003 3:43:14 AM)

Good to see you back in circulation. As for my bloodthirstiness, I'd just finished a SPWaW battle (decisive victory!) and I guess my blood was still up. ;) As for the spammer, I'm glad he's gone. I like spam only when it's in a Monty Python sketch. :D

Grok -> Re: Hello, Grok! (3/3/2003 9:28:44 AM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by KG Erwin
[B]Good to see you back in circulation. As for my bloodthirstiness, I'd just finished a SPWaW battle (decisive victory!) and I guess my blood was still up. ;) As for the spammer, I'm glad he's gone. I like spam only when it's in a Monty Python sketch. :D [/B][/QUOTE]

Thanks KG. I just finished a 14 month PBM game of SPWaW, can't say it didn't boil my blood at times, and it would've been better with a victory but it was fun.

I see some of the "old timers" (not my term, just borrowed) still about, but many seem to have gone.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI