Text Overwriting (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> Tech Support

byron13 -> Text Overwriting (12/13/2014 12:41:12 PM)

Small issue that I have both in WITW and WITE. When I open up unit displays and various TOE screens, text is overwritten in various places. So, for example,
in WITW in the TOE(OB) screen, the unit type (Amphibious Headquarters) and TOE version (1943(B)) are superimposed over each other making them
unreadable. It's like you type something on a typewriter then use the backspace key to back up to the beginning and then type something else resulting in at least
two characters occupying the same space. Is that a resolution setting issue on my computer? Drivers? It's very annoying. I have Windows 7.

BTW, and not a tech issue: why would 2x3 take the German soldier with the binos from the cover of the War in the East and photoshop him into an American E-6 for the cover of War in the West?
Clever, provides continuity, and certainly well done. But it seems borderline disrespectful to the German soldier who most likely died for his country
during the war to be photoshopped into an enemy he was fighting. I'm not a big political correctness guy, but as a vet, I'm kind of sensitive to stuff like that. There are certainly no shortage of
actual photos that could have been used. I'm not asking for justification - more looking for why it was done rather than using a real, untouched photo.

Wild -> RE: Text Overwriting (12/13/2014 1:00:25 PM)

That happened to me too. I fixed it my setting my computers DPI settings back to normal. I had it set at 125 because of my old eyes liking bigger fonts. But it effects the game. So i had to set it back to normal.

michaelm75au -> RE: Text Overwriting (12/14/2014 12:18:00 AM)

Quick explanation:
Text is written to the "screen" and depending on font/DPI settings is is displayed by the video. It is not easy to tell from a programming perspective that it has clashed with something else already displayed. This is specially true of long strings.
I know in AE we limited name lengths to 20 or 25 characters to help with this. However, WITW has lots of long strings which would suffer if forced to be short.

Helpless -> RE: Text Overwriting (12/14/2014 12:58:26 PM)

You may try to modify font sizes by editing WitwFontConfig.txt. It is described in editor manual or in this thread on WITE forum http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2645378. Functionality is the same as in WITE.

byron13 -> RE: Text Overwriting (12/17/2014 5:18:55 PM)

Thanks guys. Wild was right about changing DPI - that worked though pretty small. I'll take a look at editing the file too. Happy hunting.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI