Command gets huge update! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series

Surtur -> Command gets huge update! (12/17/2014 2:27:43 PM)

In the spirit of the coming Christmas holidays, the restless developers at WarfareSims have unleashed an Arc-Light strike with a new huge free update for Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations, continuing their support to this deep military simulation. With this update, the players have been given some great tools to keep them occupied during the winter! Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations was already lauded for its technical accuracy, attention to detail, gameplay flexibility and its powerful integrated editor and version 1.06 really takes it to the next level.

The new update brings two great boons to airwar enthusiasts, and an a-bomb for modders and scenario creators.

Surge and Quick-Turnaround air operations allow players to faithfully recreate the frantic tempo of historical operations like the Six-Day War or the first nights of Desert Storm (or apply the same sortie rates on their own hypothetical conflicts), while also having to deal with the inevitable punishing wear and tear on both crews and airframes that this relentless pace enforces. The faithful depiction of the critical choice between sustained or “surge” rates is a first for any unclassified strategy/wargaming title on the market and pushes Command into the arena of hardcore flight simulators.

At the same time, customizable unit-level proficiency settings allow scenario creators to model both hard-seasoned eagles and green nuggets on the same side, even down to the same squadron. The effects of unit proficiency are also even more amplified than before, and veteran or ace operators now have decisive advantages over their less experienced counterparts. So now not only do you have to manage and favorably arrange the hardware, but the people too. How do you know your crews are entering battle with a vastly more proficient enemy? Maybe your briefing will tell you…. or maybe you’ll find out the hard way.

The third, and perhaps the most far-reaching improvement is the integration of the popular Lua scripting language right into the scenario editor, allowing unprecedented (indeed, undreamed of) levels of editing power and flexibility! Amongst other things, the use of Lua scripting allows players to write their own mission scripts, swap units between missions, place new units on either specific or random locations, set a wide range of unit properties, change the Doctrine/RoE settings during the course of the scenario as response to events happening (or not), and much more.

Of course there is a lot more to this update, including interface, AI & mechanics improvements and gameplay additions. The list here is so long, that the document containing the full list of changes is over 53(!) pages long.

All combined, these updates takes some of the features of Command that players love the most – such as attention to realism, vast amount of detail and the freedom to set up scenarios as you wish – and took them to the next level. All of this means that version 1.06 marks another key point in the continues improvement of Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations.

The patch will be downloaded automatically for those who use the Steam version of the game. Everyone else can grab the patch by launching the updater tool, or by clicking here.

Check the full list of changes by reading the pdf file online.

Get more information on Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations from its official product page.

comsubpac -> RE: Command gets huge update! (12/17/2014 2:38:54 PM)

Christmas comes early this year!

thewood1 -> RE: Command gets huge update! (12/17/2014 3:01:16 PM)

Thanks for all the work on a great game. Happy Holidays to you all.

Dide -> RE: Command gets huge update! (12/17/2014 3:13:52 PM)

Thanks to all team and happy Holydays to all! [:D]

Randomizer -> RE: Command gets huge update! (12/17/2014 3:36:59 PM)

Thank you to all involved.

-C

Krupinski -> RE: Command gets huge update! (12/17/2014 3:39:46 PM)

Many thanx! I love your game! [&o]

hellfish6 -> RE: Command gets huge update! (12/17/2014 3:53:08 PM)

When is the Steam patch going to be live?

Major SNAFU_M -> RE: Command gets huge update! (12/17/2014 3:58:10 PM)

Many thanks. Have fun and safe holidays!

mercho -> RE: Command gets huge update! (12/17/2014 5:00:47 PM)

Hello all !

Is the steam update out ? Mine didn't update till now...

mercho

Downloaded !!! ;-)

marcpennington -> RE: Command gets huge update! (12/17/2014 5:33:22 PM)

Is it out on Steam yet? Mine seems to still show build 573, which is I think still the most recent beta.

Edit--- Ah it is out. One needs to opt out of the beta in the game properties tab first, before it will install, if any other Steam users are wondering.

Varangian -> RE: Command gets huge update! (12/17/2014 5:35:46 PM)

Amazing thank you and Merry Christmas!

riekelt -> RE: Command gets huge update! (12/17/2014 6:45:14 PM)

after the update my game don't start up anymore. Do somebody nows this problem? It's give an error: Failed to load Lua.

hellfish6 -> RE: Command gets huge update! (12/17/2014 7:01:52 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: map66

Is it out on Steam yet? Mine seems to still show build 573, which is I think still the most recent beta.

Edit--- Ah it is out. One needs to opt out of the beta in the game properties tab first, before it will install, if any other Steam users are wondering.

Ah, yep. Was still in beta.

rjm51973 -> RE: Command gets huge update! (12/17/2014 7:02:22 PM)

HAH! My wife thought a new bedroom set was my Christmas present! Thanks so much guys!

magi -> RE: Command gets huge update! (12/17/2014 7:32:20 PM)

just wonderful..... thank you.....

smudge56 -> RE: Command gets huge update! (12/17/2014 7:49:55 PM)

Thanks for the great work guys. I hope this means we get a Baloogan LIVE stream now on this [;)]. (Hint Hint Baloogan)

Have a great Christmas and Happy New Year.

OnFire -> RE: Command gets huge update! (12/17/2014 8:08:56 PM)

Thanks a lot, you guys are great!!! [:)]

orca -> RE: Command gets huge update! (12/17/2014 8:17:06 PM)

I also get an pop up error message that overlies the command intro image. It says

Failed to load Lua! Error: unable to load DLL 'lua52': The specified
module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)

I then click ok and I get another error saying command has stopped working, windows can check online for a solution to the problem. If I check on view problem details it says

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01: command.exe
Problem Signature 02: 1.0.0.0
Problem Signature 03: 5485999b
Problem Signature 04: Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3DX
Problem Signature 05: 9.12.589.0
Problem Signature 06: 442d82b0
Problem Signature 07: a40
Problem Signature 08: c
Problem Signature 09: System.NullReferenceException
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

What should I do to troubleshoot?

Tomcat84 -> RE: Command gets huge update! (12/17/2014 8:51:47 PM)

I know you already fixed it but in case anyone else looks in here:

try installing the X86 redistributable, even though you have a 64 bit computer. You should have both x64 and x86 installed.

from this link

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30679

Dont need 2013.

here's what your installed programs list should look like, red outline is the one that fixed this for me in closed beta.

[image]http://bmetz2.home.xs4all.nl/images/command/luaerror4.jpg[/image]

Sardaukar -> RE: Command gets huge update! (12/17/2014 8:54:35 PM)

Everyone with that problem, check:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3762880

You need to install x86 version of Visual C++ 2012, as per Tomcat's pic.

Edit: he beat me into it... [:D]

OnFire -> RE: Command gets huge update! (12/17/2014 9:18:21 PM)

I noticed two features in realism settings, Weather affeects air ops & Invincible own units, but they are grayed out - any way to enable them?

Erik Rutins -> RE: Command gets huge update! (12/17/2014 9:21:09 PM)

FYI we are also rebuilding the update installer to include the fix above, so sometime later tonight and certainly by tomorrow morning, that issue should also be resolved for anyone who's downloading the update installer for the first time.

Mgellis -> RE: Command gets huge update! (12/17/2014 9:39:52 PM)

So far, it looks great! Thanks, guys!

mikmykWS -> RE: Command gets huge update! (12/17/2014 9:49:26 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: OnFire

I noticed two features in realism settings, Weather affeects air ops & Invincible own units, but they are grayed out - any way to enable them?

Weather impacting ops is on now although not ever aspect implemented yet. Haven't implemented invincible mode yet but will at some point.

Mike

schroedi -> RE: Command gets huge update! (12/17/2014 9:51:24 PM)

Do you add a "printer friendly manual" like you did it in the past?

Vici Supreme -> RE: Command gets huge update! (12/17/2014 9:57:22 PM)

Major High Five to you guys. Thanks!

ClaudeJ -> RE: Command gets huge update! (12/17/2014 9:59:06 PM)

Great work guys! Thanks for that early Xmas present!

Jaw-breaking changelog btw!

Edit:
[image]http://i.gyazo.com/5c65940c80c0f3f3d70699d1ec56ff1d.png[/image] [image]http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs18/f/2007/221/1/d/Dancing_Banana_Homer_by_zorkky.gif[/image]

Mgellis -> RE: Command gets huge update! (12/18/2014 2:29:04 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jan Masterson

Great work guys! Thanks for that early Xmas present!

And for the on-time Chanukah present. :) Happy holidays, everyone!

deepdive -> RE: Command gets huge update! (12/18/2014 8:39:48 AM)

Thank you so much, been waiting for a long time [&o]

I was probably one of the first to download as it took 1 min and 40 seconds,
even forgot to turn off antivirus, then i had to leave for for a visit.

And when i got home about 4 hours later i loaded the game, but it was still Build 570
...dammned, tried to download it again but now it would need 2 hours 2o minutes to download, so i gave up.
Then i opened CMANO root directory and there was 106,
i opened it and it started running just fine, playing rigth now and it runs just fine.

Bjørn

TeTeT -> RE: Command gets huge update! (12/18/2014 10:26:39 AM)

Just updated via steam, looks good. Thanks for including the version number besides the build information, very nice to easily see the update was done.

Page: [1] 2   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI