Forgotten German Landings... (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Scenarios/Campaigns

Alexei -> Forgotten German Landings... (3/2/2003 9:23:59 PM)

This is an event of WWII that I have discovered very recently. I am looking for more info but even with all maps available I don't think I could design a scenario :( ... I hope it may interest some experts here !

Just after the fall of Badoglio government (September 1943), British Army invaded (without encoutering opposition) some eastern mediterrannean islands that were occupied by the Italians: Kos, Syme, Leros, Kalymnos, Kastellorizon, Samos.
The Germans reacted very quickly: in October and November, General Müller manages, through ambitious air and sea landings, to retake all these islands.

That's all the details I have!!! Do you think it could be a good idea for a scenario?

Bing -> (3/3/2003 12:04:29 AM)

If a player enjoys seeing the British get their tails kicked, I guess it might be appealing. IIRC British performance was particularly bad when it came to defending these islands, though I might be confusing it with a different Med / Aegean sequence of events, I don't think so.

So you have to make the inevitable choice: Put the Biritsh at a disadvantage and be "histrocal" or let the Brits have a chance and not be "historical". These are tough battles to set up to anybody's satisfaction. My impression is that staff work for the British in this area at this stage of WW2 was pretty bad. Just how you would depict that in a SPWAW scenario is problematical.

Its a personal thing, I know, but I intensely dislike being told "Oh, you're SUPPOSED to lose that scenario." Oh, well, tell me that to begin with and I won't play it. Others, I am sure, will disagree.

Bing

Sergio Castaldi -> For Alexey (3/3/2003 2:03:59 AM)

Alexey,

J have the information that you want.
Please send me your request at [email]tatkdg@tin.it[/email] and j help you.

Ciao

Sergio

Warrior -> (3/3/2003 6:52:56 PM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bing
[B]Its a personal thing, I know, but I intensely dislike being told "Oh, you're SUPPOSED to lose that scenario." Oh, well, tell me that to begin with and I won't play it. Others, I am sure, will disagree.

Bing [/B][/QUOTE]

I agree with you, Bing. History be damned, I like to win when I fight, and expect to have a resonable chance to do so in any scenario.

Alexei -> (3/3/2003 7:19:07 PM)

Oh, sure... I meant "interesting" from the German point of view :) !

martinmb -> I could be wrong here? (3/8/2003 1:18:33 PM)

Hey, if I am wrong then just don't shot me in the leg shot me in the head and get it over with. But here goes.

If you are wanting to research these battles then one would have to go backwards from the invasion of Crete. I have found that if one is to ask fo rthe bio (sp) of a specific General of WW2 that the local library is more than willing to help. With the bio there is usually a list of the Gerneral's battles. In the index section of that biography under the subsection of Listed battles there is some times a reference note as to the battle plans and/or at least the name of a book where a detailed discription of the battle can be found.

I hope that this will help you in your search. I can try to locate them for you if you would like me to. If so contact me via private message and I will then get back to you when I find what it is that you are looking for.

Martinmb :cool:

Redleg -> (3/10/2003 2:08:41 AM)

You have a lot better library than I do! ;)

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI