RE: WINDOWS 8.1 NIGHTMARES!! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support

Reg -> RE: WINDOWS 8.1 NIGHTMARES!! (4/10/2015 7:49:10 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jimapp

I cannot help but chuckle at this thread about 8.1 and decided I probably should share this little known feature I am surprised so many did not already know - right click your task bar and select properties and choose the navigation tab.
The real meat, however, is in the “Start screen” options. “When I sign in or close all apps on a screen, go to the desktop instead of Start” is the option we’ve all been clamoring for: the ability to boot straight to the desktop. Check it now!

Im a noob with witpAE so trust me I will be here looking for answers soon enough.

We were aware of that but this option doesn't give you a functional Windows 7 type start button like the 3rd party utilities do..... [:-]

Jimapp -> RE: WINDOWS 8.1 NIGHTMARES!! (4/10/2015 7:36:30 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Reg

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jimapp

I cannot help but chuckle at this thread about 8.1 and decided I probably should share this little known feature I am surprised so many did not already know - right click your task bar and select properties and choose the navigation tab.
The real meat, however, is in the “Start screen” options. “When I sign in or close all apps on a screen, go to the desktop instead of Start” is the option we’ve all been clamoring for: the ability to boot straight to the desktop. Check it now!

Im a noob with witpAE so trust me I will be here looking for answers soon enough.

We were aware of that but this option doesn't give you a functional Windows 7 type start button like the 3rd party utilities do..... [:-]

oops..me bad!

wdolson -> RE: WINDOWS 8.1 NIGHTMARES!! (4/10/2015 10:34:59 PM)

IMO Classic Shell is a must have utility for any Windows past XP. It's one of the first things I install with a new OS.

Bill

Treetop64 -> RE: WINDOWS 8.1 NIGHTMARES!! (4/12/2015 3:57:14 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: wdolson

Just FYI, the game engine dates back to Uncommon Valor which came out in 2002.

There are some features that would be nice, but there wasn't time to include them.

Bill

Ironies abound: No time to implement features in a game that's been incrementally developed over thirteen years, lol.

Don't ache, I know what you mean, but it was amusing. :)

offenseman -> RE: WINDOWS 8.1 NIGHTMARES!! (5/2/2015 1:51:36 PM)

Here is my switch thread.

"C:\YOUR FOLDER\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -archive -fd -deepColor -px1366 -py768 -fixedArt -SingleCpuOrders -cpu5

ADMR Rampage -> RE: WINDOWS 8.1 NIGHTMARES!! (5/19/2015 11:23:14 PM)

I managed to get the lag time down to about 3 seconds, but that is it. To get it down to that I used all of the listed switches in the troubleshooting section of the readme file. For screen scrolling it is still to slow to suit me, but it is better than the 7 or 8 second delay without inputting any switches into the target.

Budge4 -> RE: WINDOWS 8.1 NIGHTMARES!! (5/27/2015 11:52:47 AM)

Win 8.1 running fine here, using 4790k quad core, Titan X and Asus swift g-sync,2560x1440 res monitor, but everything is a bit small for my old eyes at that res, so using -f -px1920 -py1080 -deepColor

Got the res sorted easily enough but was having the bad lag when trying to scroll map, click on buttons etc. The -deepColor switch fixed that. Compatibility settings are not changed from default.

This is with a created desktop shortcut from "War in the Pacific Admirals Edition.exe" in the game folder, not the default Desktop icon that uses autorun.exe

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI