RE: [ART] All The World's Fighting Ships 1922-1946 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding

Shark7 -> RE: [ART] All The World's Fighting Ships 1922-1946 (7/2/2015 7:44:32 PM)

The Indefatigable Class battlecruisers of 1913 might be interesting, seeing how (until the WNT forced them to be scrapped) both BC Australia and BC New Zealand served in the namesake countries after WWI. It would certainly give them a reason for being there.

In fact there are quite a few pre-WWI British dreadnaughts that would be suitable, in that they might be kept in service were it not for the WNT. The UK had a large number of heavy warships prior to the WNT, many of which might be deemed suitable for low threat duties (IE the pacific) well into the 1930s.

But that is just my opinion. [;)]

Big B -> RE: [ART] All The World's Fighting Ships 1922-1946 (7/2/2015 7:46:54 PM)

Certainly Gary [;)]

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gary Childress

I also have a few sides which Big B has done which I'd like to add to the grab bag and I have inquired with Big B for permission to add them.

BB Malaya
BC Hood
CV Ark Royal
CV Furious
CV Eagle

GaryChildress -> RE: [ART] All The World's Fighting Ships 1922-1946 (7/2/2015 8:37:42 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shark7

The Indefatigable Class battlecruisers of 1913 might be interesting, seeing how (until the WNT forced them to be scrapped) both BC Australia and BC New Zealand served in the namesake countries after WWI. It would certainly give them a reason for being there.

In fact there are quite a few pre-WWI British dreadnaughts that would be suitable, in that they might be kept in service were it not for the WNT. The UK had a large number of heavy warships prior to the WNT, many of which might be deemed suitable for low threat duties (IE the pacific) well into the 1930s.

But that is just my opinion. [;)]

I just finished Iron Duke (also already have HMS Canada). Not sure about going back any further than them, though. What about cruisers, destroyers or auxiliaries? Any missing from Stock AE?

GaryChildress -> RE: [ART] All The World's Fighting Ships 1922-1946 (7/3/2015 12:04:12 AM)

So far I've come up with the following ship sides, many of them ships that were scrapped after the WNT (as Shark7 suggested doing):

BB Lion
BC Lion (1912)
BB Malaya (have both my version and Big B's to choose from, well mine is actually a cut and paste of one of Big B's ship sides)
BC Tiger (2 versions)
BC G3
BB N3
BC Hood (Big B's excellent version)
CV Furious (Big B)
CV Ark Royal (Big B)
CV Eagle (Big B)
BB Canada
BB Iron Duke (two versions)
BC Courageous
BB King George V
BC Australia
BB Erin
BB Orion
BB Colossus
CA York
CA Surrey
AV Albatross

Any other sides that are missing or that might be done for the Royal Navy?

Shark7 -> RE: [ART] All The World's Fighting Ships 1922-1946 (7/4/2015 5:59:04 PM)

Well since your takings suggestions/requests [:D] :

BB Agincourt

Light Cruisers:

Arethus, Caliope, Cambrian, Caroline, Birkenhead, and Centaur

some of the older destroyers as well, but really you have so many to choose from their its not worth listing them all.

Also, for the US

Tillman Maximum Battleship. It is the ultimate what if after all. [;)]

GaryChildress -> RE: [ART] All The World's Fighting Ships 1922-1946 (7/4/2015 8:44:33 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shark7

Well since your takings suggestions/requests [:D] :

BB Agincourt

Light Cruisers:

Arethus, Caliope, Cambrian, Caroline, Birkenhead, and Centaur

some of the older destroyers as well, but really you have so many to choose from their its not worth listing them all.

Also, for the US

Tillman Maximum Battleship. It is the ultimate what if after all. [;)]

Just added Agincourt to the WNT thread. For some reason I forgot all about her.

wdolson -> RE: [ART] All The World's Fighting Ships 1922-1946 (7/4/2015 10:14:16 PM)

How about the Habakkuk?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Habakkuk

GaryChildress -> RE: [ART] All The World's Fighting Ships 1922-1946 (7/5/2015 12:00:28 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: wdolson

How about the Habakkuk?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Habakkuk

I don't know. For some reason the project strikes me as "too far out." (Unlike the Germans bombing Pearl Harbor, for example.) [:D]

Shark7 -> RE: [ART] All The World's Fighting Ships 1922-1946 (7/5/2015 6:37:05 AM)

Oddly enough, the thing that seemed most outlandish was the thing that went far into the actual planning stages. Fact is stranger than fiction as they say.

But for the purpose of WiTP, the Habakkuk would not be suitable, as it was designed to operated in the colder regions of the North Atlantic, IMO.

wdolson -> RE: [ART] All The World's Fighting Ships 1922-1946 (7/5/2015 11:03:11 AM)

A ship made partially of ice would be a bit of a liability in the South Pacific.

Bill

paradigmblue -> RE: [ART] All The World's Fighting Ships 1922-1946 (6/20/2016 12:01:21 AM)

Bumping this great resource so it doesn't fall off the last page into forum limbo.

RyanCrierie -> RE: [ART] All The World's Fighting Ships 1922-1946 (6/14/2018 12:56:41 AM)

Did you ever finish the UK sides? [&:]

btd64 -> RE: [ART] All The World's Fighting Ships 1922-1946 (8/25/2018 2:00:56 AM)

Bump, for all of the creative minds out there....GP

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI