71 confirmed kills (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

btd64 -> 71 confirmed kills (1/23/2015 3:20:59 AM)

I am currently playing Andy Mac's scenario 60. With hard setting. Couldn't get a file to upload but I have at this point, nine months in, 71 confirmed kills with the "mark 14" torp. Pretty darn good. I am using the historical torp setting too. Die roll. My last game, same scenario, I had 37 by jan 43 when the files got screwed up. Anyone else ever have any luck with the early war torps?....GP

USSAmerica -> RE: 71 confirmed kills (1/23/2015 12:17:47 PM)

My luck with Mk 14's in my current game has been bad. I have had about 5 explode on impact over about 4.5 months. I know I've had at least 100 fail to explode on impact, if not many more. I know I'm far below the 20% working rate that the db says I "should" see. The way I see it, I should be due for a run of explosions soon. [:)]

btd64 -> RE: 71 confirmed kills (1/23/2015 12:58:26 PM)

I calculate from combat reports that I have about a 10 to 15 percent kill rate. I have most of my SS's at specific locations( TOP SECRET ).[:D]....GP

Mundy -> RE: 71 confirmed kills (1/23/2015 2:00:19 PM)

I probably get 2-3 successful hits per month.  Misses cut the odds even further.

crsutton -> RE: 71 confirmed kills (1/23/2015 2:10:44 PM)

"hit but failed to explode" vs the AI long time ago there were plenty of lone ships to attack. Surface attacks seem to have more success. I was killing one a day. Vs a good human opponent, you really feel like you won the lottery when you get a hit in 1942.

Symon -> RE: 71 confirmed kills (1/23/2015 3:32:04 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: USS America
My luck with Mk 14's in my current game has been bad. I have had about 5 explode on impact over about 4.5 months. I know I've had at least 100 fail to explode on impact, if not many more. I know I'm far below the 20% working rate that the db says I "should" see. The way I see it, I should be due for a run of explosions soon. [:)]

Yes, you will. The way the game engine handles probability is with a random seed. Sooner or later, the Central Limit Theorem is gonna kick in and you are gonna have a "happy time": probabilty density of discrete events with a vengence.

"I'm saying it because it's true. Inside of us, we both know you understand. You're part of this work, the thing that keeps it going. If that thread leaves the ground and you're not on it, you'll regret it. Maybe not today. Maybe not tomorrow, but soon and for the rest of your life. ... Now, now, here's looking at you, kid. .. We'll always have Paris."

USSAmerica -> RE: 71 confirmed kills (1/23/2015 4:36:13 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Symon

quote:

ORIGINAL: USS America

Yes, you will. The way the game engine handles probability is with a random seed. Sooner or later, the Central Limit Theorem is gonna kick in and you are gonna have a "happy time": probabilty density of discrete events with a vengence.

"I'm saying it because it's true. Inside of us, we both know you understand. You're part of this work, the thing that keeps it going. If that thread leaves the ground and you're not on it, you'll regret it. Maybe not today. Maybe not tomorrow, but soon and for the rest of your life. ... Now, now, here's looking at you, kid. .. We'll always have Paris."

[:D]

I'm sure Torsten will be thrilled to hear that I'll have a "Happy time". [;)]

Paladin1dcs -> RE: 71 confirmed kills (1/23/2015 5:02:04 PM)

I'm just entering November of '42 and my hit rate has been pretty bad, but those that have hit have seemed to be exploding more than they should have been. I'm playing a DBB scenario against the AI, but isn't 1943 supposed to be when the explosion percentages start to climb?

btd64 -> RE: 71 confirmed kills (1/24/2015 3:12:06 AM)

New Years Day, 1943.[8D]....GP

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI