Dumb question about mines (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

jwolf -> Dumb question about mines (1/27/2015 2:33:50 AM)

Very dumb question from a naive newbie: if you lay mines in a hex and then sweep it, will you clear your own mines or just enemy mines (if there are any)?

Jorge_Stanbury -> RE: Dumb question about mines (1/27/2015 2:39:25 AM)

you can only sweep enemy mines

msieving1 -> RE: Dumb question about mines (1/27/2015 2:50:59 AM)

But you can hit your own mines.

dr.hal -> RE: Dumb question about mines (1/27/2015 1:22:49 PM)

However hitting your own mines is a very rare event. In all my play, I've never had it happen to any of my units.

tigercub -> RE: Dumb question about mines (1/27/2015 2:01:31 PM)

mine sweepers hit mines all the time ask me! (karboom)

dr.hal -> RE: Dumb question about mines (1/27/2015 2:04:31 PM)

Yes true, but in my experience in the combat report it is clear that they are enemy mines.

Jorge_Stanbury -> RE: Dumb question about mines (1/27/2015 2:22:12 PM)

Hitting your own mines in your own ports is extremely rare. I have never hit any, other than the occasional ACM tendering mines blowing.

Hitting own mines in an enemy port is less rare. I few months ago, I lost a mined based (ownership changed to enemy), and one turn afterwards a ship hit a mine there

dr.hal -> RE: Dumb question about mines (1/27/2015 2:28:51 PM)

Good point Jorge, I was talking in terms of "defensive minefields" which by definition are in ports that the player "owns". Hal

Rising-Sun -> RE: Dumb question about mines (1/27/2015 3:18:47 PM)

Yup, you can hit your own mine or their. It happen!

Shark7 -> RE: Dumb question about mines (1/27/2015 3:50:17 PM)

True irony is when one of your own mine-layers sinks after hitting a friendly mine....particularly when you sent it to lay the minefield where it hit the mine. [X(]

Can you say 'Hoisted by your own petard?" [:-]

Lowpe -> RE: Dumb question about mines (1/27/2015 6:21:13 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: dr.hal

However hitting your own mines is a very rare event. In all my play, I've never had it happen to any of my units.

Read my AAR...I hit them with regularity. [:D]

jwolf -> RE: Dumb question about mines (1/27/2015 7:20:25 PM)

If your ship hits a mine, how can you tell if it was your own mine, or possibly a mine laid by the enemy?

Spidery -> RE: Dumb question about mines (1/27/2015 7:33:01 PM)

Ask MrKane about the dangers of hitting your own mines.

He laid an offensive minefield at Namatanai and, when invading there, suffered numerous mine hits. I have no idea how many mines or minefields he laid.

Rising-Sun -> RE: Dumb question about mines (1/28/2015 7:33:59 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jwolf

If your ship hits a mine, how can you tell if it was your own mine, or possibly a mine laid by the enemy?

You cant tell, once you hear a loud boom, then you know something hit a mine in that location. Best way to deal with this is clean up the mess, both your mines and their.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI