RE: Settle an argument-supply flow. (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

wdolson -> RE: Settle an argument-supply flow. (2/1/2015 11:07:51 PM)

Supply movement is a very complex algorithm that takes into account lots and lots of factors. I can't go into all the details, but each turn the game engine checks every base for excess supply and then sees whether it can ship supply out overland or via an adjacent port. There is a hot key which I don't remember at the moment that shows the supply influence of a base when you click on it. The hexes in the strongest supply position show 100 and it degrades to 0 as you move outward. How fast it degrades depends on the road network and terrain.

Then a multiplier factor that varies from day to day comes into play. This is not revealed to the player. Some days supply makes it out to the full reach, and some days its much shorter. It's possible you hit the longest reach day when your troops were isolated and you'll have to wait until that day comes around again until you see full supply there.

If you're in the monsoon season and the monsoon zone, supply will have added restrictions on movement.

Considering all the things it needs to weigh, the supply algorithms do fairly well. But they aren't perfect, there will be times when you think somebody should be getting supply and they don't.

Bill

rustysi -> RE: Settle an argument-supply flow. (2/2/2015 12:52:11 AM)

quote:

There is a hot key which I don't remember at the moment that shows the supply influence of a base when you click on it. The hexes in the strongest supply position show 100 and it degrades to 0 as you move outward.

'5' key.

erstad -> RE: Settle an argument-supply flow. (2/4/2015 3:25:32 AM)

quote:

Three big infantry divisions are at about 22-25 miles and will not be out of the hex.

What are the (numerical) fatigue values on those three divisions?

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI