Possible mini sub bug (no Tiemanj please) (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support

Lowpe -> Possible mini sub bug (no Tiemanj please) (1/31/2015 1:42:40 PM)

From observation it seems you need to have more than 10K supply at a port to create minisubs and barges.

I meet this criteria at Wake Island, see below, however fuel is in the red. Although both create barges and create minisubs is active and white, I can only create barges, nothing happens when I click on create minisubs (although I do get the tooltip advice to convert supply into minisubs.

Is this a bug? Possible reasons why it isn't a bug is fuel is too low? Enemy forces present at port, although I did create minisubs on day 2 of the invasion with troops present so that one seems unlikely.

[image]local://upfiles/44178/283A404F22E242888290548F756AB661.jpg[/image]

Lowpe -> RE: Possible mini sub bug (no Tiemanj please) (1/31/2015 1:44:25 PM)

Here are the barges I was able to create.

[image]local://upfiles/44178/D2519DDE40F64E998A22010F875FC75C.jpg[/image]

Lowpe -> RE: Possible mini sub bug (no Tiemanj please) (1/31/2015 1:45:21 PM)

Oh, I can create minisubs at every other port in the Empire that has greater than 10K supply...so the problem is at Wake only.

michaelm75au -> RE: Possible mini sub bug (no Tiemanj please) (2/1/2015 1:23:14 AM)

Silly question, but do you have a supply of mini-subs to use? Shows on ship build screen
Also, have you been loading or unloading TFs in the hex. This affects the ability to create subs.

Lack of fuel in base would only affect AI when building mini-subs

Lowpe -> RE: Possible mini sub bug (no Tiemanj please) (2/1/2015 2:08:12 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: michaelm

Silly question, but do you have a supply of mini-subs to use? Shows on ship build screen
Also, have you been loading or unloading TFs in the hex. This affects the ability to create subs.

Lack of fuel in base would only affect AI when building mini-subs

Not a silly question, but I do have 17 currently available, and 5 refurnishing.

No, I have no ships loading or unloading, and haven't had any ships there for a couple of weeks.

I did disband back to supply 3 midget subs three days ago there.

Alfred -> RE: Possible mini sub bug (no Tiemanj please) (2/1/2015 8:50:53 AM)

You don't have a port sized 1 at Wake Island.  The 6 points of port damage temporarily reduces the port to less than size 1.

Alfred

Lowpe -> RE: Possible mini sub bug (no Tiemanj please) (2/1/2015 11:41:57 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Alfred

You don't have a port sized 1 at Wake Island.  The 6 points of port damage temporarily reduces the port to less than size 1.

Alfred

Thanks, Alfred!

However, is it then a bug that I can create barges there as the rules for creation, other than supply cost, seem the same.

To create a PT boat or barge:

»» Build them from any base with a current port size of
at least 1 and more than 10000 supplies.

When the barge or PT boat TF is created, it will consist of up to 15 barges or 12 PT boats and/
or MGBs or 4 Midget Subs if these ships are currently available to be brought into the game. As
long as there are supplies carried by the creating TF and there are ships available, the TF can
continue to create additional barge or PT boat Task Forces.

Alfred -> RE: Possible mini sub bug (no Tiemanj please) (2/1/2015 4:07:59 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lowpe

... However, is it then a bug that I can create barges there as the rules for creation, other than supply cost, seem the same...

May be but there is a subtle difference between the two which might aid michaelm if he looks into it.

Unlike SSX, barges automatically replace themselves if destroyed. This is not respawning - the same slot and name are used. If you look at the sun ship list you will not find barges there for this reason. You will however find sunk SSX.

Alfred

Lowpe -> RE: Possible mini sub bug (no Tiemanj please) - Solved no bug (2/1/2015 4:38:38 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Alfred
Unlike SSX, barges automatically replace themselves if destroyed. This is not respawning - the same slot and name are used. If you look at the sun ship list you will not find barges there for this reason. You will however find sunk SSX.

Alfred

Thanks, it is not a big enough problem I think to consider it a bug, I think.

I wish the sunk SSX weren't shown, it is so depressing.[:D]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI