Is this one Modeled? I would like to try it out..Railgun (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series

JRyan -> Is this one Modeled? I would like to try it out..Railgun (2/7/2015 1:19:13 PM)

[image]http://cdn01.dailycaller.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/US-Navy-railgun-public-debut-Reuters-YouTube_opt-e1423254208530.jpg[/image]

Railgun

I just do not believe it is ready, the power requirements are immense..

Sardaukar -> RE: Is this one Modeled? I would like to try it out..Railgun (2/7/2015 1:29:30 PM)

You find railgun in Command in DDG 1000 Zumwalt as "155mm/52 AGS". But I don't think other types are modeled yet.

RobotCriminal -> RE: Is this one Modeled? I would like to try it out..Railgun (2/7/2015 2:33:34 PM)

Actually the AGS isn't a railgun, its a standard gun with GPS guided ammunition.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advanced_Gun_System

jtoatoktoe -> RE: Is this one Modeled? I would like to try it out..Railgun (2/7/2015 7:08:08 PM)

But the railgun may go on the 3rd Zumwalt. I think originally they were suppose to be on them, but the technology hasn't progressed far enough for the first 2 at this point. Maybe later on they can add it.

kneecaps -> RE: Is this one Modeled? I would like to try it out..Railgun (2/7/2015 11:06:27 PM)

The rail gun isn't one of those exciting sci-fi types..it's really a magnetically launched bullet without powder :( Kind of cool still but it's not some magic kinetic kill type railgun :(

JRyan -> RE: Is this one Modeled? I would like to try it out..Railgun (2/13/2015 12:18:57 AM)

I bet the targeting system for something moving that fast for an over the horizon shot would be wild...range 85 Miles? Yeah right......it could be in the hundreds unless ol daddy gravity becomes and issue. It will I just do not know how soon.

RobotCriminal -> RE: Is this one Modeled? I would like to try it out..Railgun (2/13/2015 4:39:49 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jtoatoktoe

But the railgun may go on the 3rd Zumwalt. I think originally they were suppose to be on them, but the technology hasn't progressed far enough for the first 2 at this point. Maybe later on they can add it.

Yeah its something the navy is still currently working on, I actually have a close friend who is part of the project (not the railgun itself, the electrical components "behind" it so to speak).

The Zumwalt class is unique in that it is (currently) one of the only ships that can produce enough power for a railgun thanks to being designed with an electric drive, so if it is successful on the 3rd of the class I wouldn't be surprised to see it retrofitted to the other 2. Someone here is probably a lot more knowledgeable than me on that though. [;)]

Anyway here is a pretty recent article on it, looks like the idea is to do a setup with 1 AGS and 1 railgun:

news.usni.org/2015/02/05/navy-considering-railgun-third-zumwalt-destroyer

JRyan -> RE: Is this one Modeled? I would like to try it out..Railgun (2/14/2015 4:12:06 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: RobotCriminal

quote:

Thanks

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI