[1.9.5.10] custom game Pirate w/o other empires :(System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException) (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support

RoqueNE -> [1.9.5.10] custom game Pirate w/o other empires :(System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException) (2/10/2015 11:31:38 AM)

Hello

looks like a nasty bug made it through the quality assurance.

try to play a custom pirate game with this settings:
Galaxy: Ellipticial
Star Ammount: 1400
Physical Size: 15x15
Expansion: Prewarp
Aggression: Normal
Difficulty: Normal
Research: Normal
Creatures: Normal
Pirates: None

Colony Prevalence: Scarce
Independent Alien: Normal
Colony Influence: 104%
Colonization Range: 2,00

Race: Ketarov
TechLevel: Normal
Playstyle: Balanced
Starting Location: Random

Auto-Generate Empires: Off
Allow Independent: Off

Victory Condition: All off
Events: All on (except Shakturi)
Allow Tech Trading: On
Allow Kaltos: Off

and every time i click on start this happens:
[image]http://www.bilder-upload.eu/upload/5be2e4-1423571697.png[/image]

Unfortunately, no crash log is created.

Please fix this [&o]

RoqueNE

ehsumrell1 -> RE: [1.9.5.10] Game breaking Bug (System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException) (2/10/2015 1:58:22 PM)

Hello RoqueNE;

I'm attempting to recreate your game situations to see if I can assist. But I have a quick
question.

According to your settings shown:

Auto-Generate Empires: Off

I'm assuming that either you have no other races in the game to compete against or either
you have manually selected a certain number of races in the bottom section of the "Other Races"
selection screen. If the latter is the case, can you post what those settings were please (i.e.
Race name, government, tech settings, etc.)

RoqueNE -> RE: [1.9.5.10] Game breaking Bug (System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException) (2/10/2015 7:39:33 PM)

in this case, I play actually completely alone. To try different things.

and.. i just realized, that's the error.
when the automatic generation is disabled and no empires set manually, the game crash.

with at least 1 other empire, it works.
lol -_-

Bingeling -> RE: [1.9.5.10] Game breaking Bug (System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException) (2/10/2015 8:21:47 PM)

I am quite sure I have started multiple games "all alone" to check various stuff. Obviously there is something off in this case.

Osito -> RE: [1.9.5.10] Game breaking Bug (System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException) (2/10/2015 9:48:31 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bingeling

I am quite sure I have started multiple games "all alone" to check various stuff. Obviously there is something off in this case.

Indeed, you can play the game with no other empires present. The real problem lies somewhere else. Anyway, I'm glad it seems to be working for you, RogueNE.

Osito

ehsumrell1 -> RE: [1.9.5.10] Game breaking Bug (System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException) (2/10/2015 10:25:55 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: RoqueNE

in this case, I play actually completely alone. To try different things.

and.. i just realized, that's the error.
when the automatic generation is disabled and no empires set manually, the game crash.

with at least 1 other empire, it works.
lol -_-

So my first assumption was correct. As I recall, in my testing notes somewhere there was something that
mentioned this error. It seems that due to ruins that are explored having the ability to trigger an event,
such as 'awaking a sleeping race' or the like, then of course, an array error would naturally occur because
the game engine would not have an empire race to point to. So not such a 'nasty' bug after all.

@Bingeling:
Yes, I too have tested DW and some mods the same way. But the errors that do eventually pop up I often
anticipated and expected because I was privy to most of Elliot's game logic.

elliotg -> RE: [1.9.5.10] custom game Pirate w/o other empires :(System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException) (3/18/2015 11:12:34 PM)

Thanks for the report RoqueNE

This is fixed in the next update.

Elliot

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI