Deleting saved games (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support

localmaki -> Deleting saved games (2/11/2015 9:09:17 PM)

How do you delete saved games from the saved games page.

When trying to find a solution I went to my hard drive and in the Matrix games folder found thousands of saved files, operation reports, sightings reports, etc going back to my first game. Wow, Is this normal and is it a problem?

Thanks for the help.
Localmaki

jcjordan -> RE: Deleting saved games (2/11/2015 9:55:11 PM)

Normal - yes
Problem - only if you run out of space on your drive

I believe you can dump all you don't want of any of the files in the folder - I think the ops etc reports are created each turn & you don't even need the ones w/o a date on them to create new ones (I normally will keep all the "undated" ones but drop all the "dated" ones when I clean my folder. For the saves you'd only need whatever is the active save you're using. If playing an active save game & using something like Tracker etc, you might need to keep the "dated" files related to that save game only. I don't really use Tracker etc so not fully sure if they do need them or not

Bullwinkle58 -> RE: Deleting saved games (2/11/2015 11:25:49 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: localmaki

How do you delete saved games from the saved games page.

When trying to find a solution I went to my hard drive and in the Matrix games folder found thousands of saved files, operation reports, sightings reports, etc going back to my first game. Wow, Is this normal and is it a problem?

Thanks for the help.
Localmaki

Do you have the -archive switch in your launch shortcut? That sets up an Archive folder in the Save folder and saves all of the text files from each turn for the whole game. I believe if you're using Intel Monkey that's the folder it accesses for data.

If you have the -archive switch inserted and don't want to save all the reports just delete it.

localmaki -> RE: Deleting saved games (2/12/2015 8:00:33 PM)

Great. Thanks for the reply,
Localmaki

steverodgers801 -> RE: Deleting saved games (3/13/2015 6:39:00 PM)

you can open up the save game file, on your desk top under the matrix games folder. If you have a lot of games I use drag to highlite the entire subset and then click delete

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI