Early game frustration - Help!!! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series

Krispy9011 -> Early game frustration - Help!!! (2/21/2015 10:39:19 PM)

In a new game, I've just achieved Hyper-Jump and built a few DD's. But all they want to do is go and smash themselves on the Giant Ketor horde living peaceably in an asteroid field. How do I prevent this without having to cancel their feeble attempts at suicide every time they find themselves without an order? I do not want to micro manage this.

Aeson -> RE: Early game frustration - Help!!! (2/21/2015 11:45:09 PM)

Move them out of the system or kill the Kaltors.

Changing the design's engagement stance settings to standoff, using long-range or high-DPS weapons, making the ships fast and agile, and putting lots of armor on the design can help with surviving against Kaltors.

Bingeling -> RE: Early game frustration - Help!!! (2/22/2015 7:09:31 AM)

In general, armed ships in this game are not good at sitting idle in a system where there is something they view as hostile.

With some micro manage you can change the stance of your ships to attack only when attack or similar by a button around the selection panel. That works for a short while (until they have had another order). To get rid of the kaltors, just send a few ships (like 4-5) at the same time, rather than doing the "one by one" that the AI is fond of. The main problem can be in build a few ships and not have them immediately suicide against the kaltors.

Krispy9011 -> RE: Early game frustration - Help!!! (2/23/2015 12:00:40 PM)

Thanks for the help!

NephilimNexus -> RE: Early game frustration - Help!!! (2/24/2015 4:04:24 AM)

Fighters.

Set ship to "Stand-off" or "Evade"

Kaltor will spin in circle trying to chase multiple fighters at once. They're not too smart.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI