319th Infantry Division (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West

Naughteous Maximus -> 319th Infantry Division (3/2/2015 11:13:31 PM)

Is it possible to safely evacuate the entire German 319th division from the Channel Islands? I've only been able to evacuate the regiment on Jersey.[&:]

Naughteous Maximus -> RE: 319th Infantry Division (3/2/2015 11:38:15 PM)

Never mind, I figured it out.[sm=scared0018.gif]

Denniss -> RE: 319th Infantry Division (3/3/2015 8:46:22 AM)

Please explain.

Naughteous Maximus -> RE: 319th Infantry Division (3/3/2015 9:01:47 AM)

I used the ship transport button,moving one hex at a time, and brought the 319th Infantry Division to the mainland and recombined the regiments back into a full division.

Ich habe die Schiff Transport-Schaltfläche Verschieben ein hex zu einem Zeitpunkt, und brachte der 319th Infanterie Division mit dem Festland und rekombiniert die Regimenter wieder in eine volle Teilung.

Naughteous Maximus -> RE: 319th Infantry Division (3/3/2015 9:12:01 AM)

I hope my computer German was understandable. [:D]

ParaB -> RE: 319th Infantry Division (3/3/2015 10:18:48 AM)

My hovercraft is full of eels.

Q-Ball -> RE: 319th Infantry Division (3/3/2015 12:07:26 PM)

You can also just run a Naval Interdiction mission for a turn to move them.

Not sure how others feel, but I think garrisoning the Channel Islands is a waste, just like RL. I suppose you can build a forward airbase, but I don't think it's worth it for Allies, particularly since you'll free the garrison requirements for that region of France

carlkay58 -> RE: 319th Infantry Division (3/3/2015 7:47:58 PM)

Ah, but in the future the Channel Islands are no longer part of a garrison zone. The islands are very useful for the Allies if they invade in the Britany or Normandy areas. With the Channel Islands gone, it is possible to invade near Cherbourg and cut it off fairly easily - the landing on the western edge is not possible with the Islands in Axis hands due to the interdiction values of the ports.

The Islands are not worth invading for the Allies - it costs too many resources in aircraft, men, and time to do so. However, if all I have to do is commit two brigades, two amphibs, and about three turns for a walk on invasion of non-garrisoned islands in Feb/Mar 44 then it is definitely worth it to me.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI