Impact of OB modification (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Flashpoint Campaigns Series

moet -> Impact of OB modification (3/8/2015 8:24:39 PM)

Hi. I didn't notice any impact on the global troops efficiency after the player did modify the order of battle (OB). I would have expected that it would increase orders delay or turn length, like many other factors do in that great game.

CapnDarwin -> RE: Impact of OB modification (3/8/2015 11:41:44 PM)

If you are talking moving units to report to new HQs it can depend. Right now moving to an existing HQ does not effect readiness or timings (that will be changing in 2.1). If you attach a unit to a non-HQ to make an acting HQ that HQ has a restricted command radius. Again, in 2.1, we plan to add more impacts with the revised command timings.

moet -> RE: Impact of OB modification (3/9/2015 12:29:32 AM)

Thanks Capn. I think this addition will be consistent with the rest of the game. :)

overkill01 -> RE: Impact of OB modification (2/4/2016 6:05:42 PM)

Hi,

So you can move units around without any impact on timings ?

So i'm wondering, is there any reason why I should place units in low level HQ's ? If i'd put them in highest command then I can have a wider command range right ?

In hell on wheels for example, OB is like : HQ hell on wheels => 3rd bn => HQ-A/3rd bn
Why should I not put HQ-A under HQ hell on wheels => HQ-A/3rd bn ?

Mad Russian -> RE: Impact of OB modification (2/5/2016 1:00:13 PM)

All my OOB's are unit pure. Which means the companies and battalions are not cross attached.

I leave it up to the gamers to determine what they feel their best mix for combat groupings are.

I assume most gamers will cross attach.

Good Hunting.

MR

Tazak -> RE: Impact of OB modification (2/5/2016 2:08:19 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: overkill01

Hi,

So you can move units around without any impact on timings ?

So i'm wondering, is there any reason why I should place units in low level HQ's ? If i'd put them in highest command then I can have a wider command range right ?

In hell on wheels for example, OB is like : HQ hell on wheels => 3rd bn => HQ-A/3rd bn
Why should I not put HQ-A under HQ hell on wheels => HQ-A/3rd bn ?

the impact to a lot of units if their HQ is suddenly turned into a pile of burning wrecks can be devastating, resupply for 1, the time you need to move your lower HQs to then be in command range for another. Not saying you should or shouldn't but there is a major risk placing all your units under a single HQ

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI